Connected sex-toy allows for code-injection attacks on a robot you wrap around your genitals

On the other hand, self pleasuring brings the consequences of blindness and hairy palms.

Well, there would have been a money shot.

No. That’s just “pit bull mode”.

or your genitals could start spraying SPAM on unsuspecting mailservers…

1 Like

brb, off to write some ransomware…

Unlock your junk for $$$

4 Likes

or Alice/Bob/Mallory

2 Likes

Image result for robot snake

If you’re sure about that…

3 Likes

3 Likes

TechSupportGore at Reddit probably needs a whole new thread…

1 Like

What a time to be alive.

1 Like

Alice writes up a program to give Bob a BJ while she’s on a business trip, and sends a link to Bob. But the link includes the entire program. Charlie, upset with Alice and/or Bob, intercepts the email and changes the link so the program now tells the toy to squeeze hard and not let go. The toy happily executes the program from the (modified) link and clamps onto Little Bob. Bob may be injured (and may be embarrassed when he goes to the emergency room) and/or this may spark a huge argument between Bob and Alice.

HOPEFULLY this robot has an easy to reach off switch and its default state when powered off is to release, but in this situation the guy might be in too much pain and/or panic to react rationally.

Revenge against your ex by hurting them or their new significant other?

3 Likes

Mmm I may be stupid, but if I were designing this thing, I would make it impossible to hurt me.

Mmm, again, you have to have a lot of shit line up:

1. That bad of a break up or love triangle or what ever scenario.

2. Ex with hacking skills

3. You owning said device

4. Said device capable of doing malice

5. Person being psycho enough to go through with this.

I mean really, there are a lot more and a lot worse scenarios you can come up with that don’t require robot blow jobs. I think sometimes our imagination gets a little too much exercise with this sort of thing.

Now someone else mentioned using said device to access other aspects like your phone etc. I don’t know enough to say that is or isn’t feasible, but it sounds feasible. But still, I dunno. I think there are other things that will offer a better pay off.

Note I am still for the IOT not being shitty.

And yet, ask the ER personnel how many actual sex toys (as opposed to improvised objects) they have to remove from people’s persons because of a lack of safety features allowing easy extraction.

3 Likes

It just means that it’s not a “normal” link that POINTS to a file on a server, but instead the link IS the program. All instructions for the device are part of the URL. So there’s no need for any actual “hacking” of any servers. Just change the link and you change the program.

Technical background: Texts / source-codes are usually saved in ASCII code, which has 256 different symbols (punctuation, letters, numbers and control symbols), therefore ASCII is a “Base256” encoding. Most of those symbols are forbidden in URLs though, so you can’t just put source-code into a link. Encode the source code as “Base64” instead and you end up with a longer text, that ONLY uses 64 symbols allowed in URLs.

Seems like the developers here used that trick to just send the whole “blowjob-instructions code” (which is just a small text after all) directly via link, instead of having an actual file to safe and transmit. The idea is quite practical - but of course it means that you just have to rewrite the link to produce a new program. No need for hacking any servers. :slight_smile:

1 Like

no shit, the robot is supposed to do the work - why am I the one wrapping it!?!

1 Like

Okay, look, I get that it’s funny, but I seriously doubt that anyone could be uniquely identified by their oral sex techni–

wait a minute…

goddammit Lisa

1 Like

Fair enough, but also fair is some people take things too far and misuse them too. Or have them misused on them.

Pretty sure if I were designing something like that, I’d make sure that it wouldn’t physically be able to do certain things. Like for example, clamp on where it couldn’t be removed, or fold over at a 90 degree or greater angle.

If someone points out said device can cause bodily harm, then I will concede that point, and probably invest in creating a better RBJ.

Wait, it castrates stupid people? How is this a bug?

“Code injection” sounds like a euphemism here.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.