Conservative pundit discovers white crayons exist, demands answers from Crayola

English may be a tower of Babel, unmoored and changing by degrees so that past generations became increasingly incomprehensible.

A person doesn’t need to point to an esoteric, artificial language as an example of a managed tongue. French, as an example, may be better suited to long-lived legal language because the drift is limited.

I’m not sure what people get for the effort of defending minor ambiguity, at much greater cost than simple clarity. I’d hardly call it anti-elitism given my fairly weak initial statement. Is it the prestige of contrarianism?

In more shock news, some leftist art stores, and even red-blooded DIY outlets infected with Woke Mind Virus, have been discovered selling white paint.

7 Likes

Curious what colour the daughter thought it should make - apple doesn’t fall far from the tree?

Yeah, and when someone complained to Crayola, ("Whose ‘flesh?’) they changed it; Im guessing sometime between the 80’s and 90’s.

And now, “flesh tones” look like this:

Like @milliefink said, this nonsense is very likely just a weak ploy for attention by Owens.

9 Likes

That “Colors of the World” label locked in my earworm for the next hour or two.

1 Like

Oh, damn; it was not my intent to “spice up your life.”

Well, at least it’s not Wannabe, right?

2 Likes

“Spice Up Your Life” was the song that made me admit I actually liked the Spice Girls.

3 Likes

It’s the their least annoying hit song, for sure…

I was never their target audience, and I never much felt their music. But I learned how to enjoy listening to it, even if it didn’t push my usual musical Happy Buttons.

And I first heard Spice Up Your Life on a fully chaotic Bangkok bus; the kind of bus people use to bring live poultry home from the markets. It fit pretty well.

3 Likes

Ditto.

I was in college when they were at their most popular, and I only heard their music when I was at work (in a mall.)

I guess that’s why it seems extra cheesy to me now…

2 Likes

Man, wait until Candace finds out about chalk…

3 Likes

I’m not sure who I’m less pleased with. The people whose response to ignorance involves reframing it as a pointed question; or those of their listeners who actually think that counts as insight.

1 Like

Do you think she’ll talk the talk without being able to chalk the walk?

2 Likes

D’oh.

I’m slow.

1 Like