'conservative spin:' Obama Administration Prepped for Trump

The same complaint, over and over again in dozens of threads, including ones that have absolutely nothing to do with the situation, and it’s always predicated with the false claim that “we” are at fault because “we” belittled Trump voters prior to the election.

As for proximity: in my life, every single person in my work, almost every single person (we’re talking over 100) in my family, and a healthy percentage of my friends voted for Trump. I have never had a day when I didn’t speak with a Trump supporter. But the fact that people like me talk openly with others on this forum about the racism and sexism means we’re at fault, because reasons.

13 Likes

I wouldn’t exactly call it a false claim, but I would argue with who “we” refers to. I didn’t belittle Trump voters, but I saw a lot of that going around.

Same here. I can’t avoid talking to Trump supporters, and I can barely avoid talking to them about Trump, and anything less than complete sanguine fervor for Trump marks me as a libtard. So, what do you do in such a situation? Asking honestly. This scares the shit out of me. I think it’s up to me to start undoing the damage, but I don’t even know where to start.

There was a lot of racism and sexism, but the Democrats bohica’d this election. This was Clinton’s election to lose, and she lost it, and she couldn’t have lost it worse had she tried. The establishment Democrats have learned not at all from their mistakes, and continue to talk down to Republicans and liberals alike. Democrats talking to Republicans like they only want their votes is part of the problem, and liberals talking to the Republicans like they read Mother Jones is another part of the problem. I am absolutely guilty of this and I admit it.

1 Like

So now? Given current climate what do we each do beyond trying to involve in local politics?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.