Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 2)

I heard that on the local NBC station this morning. They cut to their reporter on the scene (6:45 am), who then clarified that nope, you still need an appointment for the super site.

Tweets now claim the CSULA site got overwhelmed and retracted the invitation. So it may or may not be by appointment only.

7 Likes

The sacrifices Doug Ducey is shitting on:

10 Likes
12 Likes
8 Likes

What the fork did I just watch? Need more :coffee: before trying to figure that out… :confused:

12 Likes
7 Likes
5 Likes
12 Likes

2,346.74 usd. not bad though. nice to see some equal ish treatment under the law. are fine income adjusted there?

10 Likes

North Carolina sites halt J&J shots after adverse reactions [Video] (aol.com)

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — North Carolina health officials said on Thursday that they stopped administering Johnson & Johnson doses at a mass vaccination site in Raleigh and at clinics in Hillsborough and Chapel Hill after at least 26 people experienced adverse reactions, including fainting.
CDC spokeswoman Kristen Nordlund said it is aware of adverse reactions in some people who received the vaccine shots in Iowa, Colorado, Georgia and North Carolina. Those reactions include dizziness, light headedness, feeling faint and rapid breathing.

OFFS, we see kids get “the vapors” after shots all the time. This is not the kind of thing we need to be publicizing right now. Guaranteed it will get confabulated with the AZ venous thrombosis stories. Because having a vasovagal reaction to getting a shot and having your brain clot over are just the same, right? :man_facepalming:

19 Likes

Bonobos are just us with more paedophilia, so no. Octopuses, though, absolutely.

6 Likes
9 Likes

Above and beyond the likelihood of it being mass hysteria driven by the news stories.

12 Likes

The “Tex Mex” strain.

You heard it here first.

8 Likes

Could it also be weather-related? It’s coming up on summertime here in the States.

6 Likes

Probably not, although heat does contribute to “the vapors.” Vasovagal response usually happens (in relation to vaccines) when the fear and tension about getting the shot is abruptly relieved after it is done, causing a sudden drop in blood pressure. Not a big deal. Much more common in big macho dudes than “frail” young women, in my experience.

18 Likes
13 Likes

Covid-19 in the US: 3 possible futures — with hope for a return to normal - Vox

This is incredibly encouraging. It shows that the vaccines work and are truly a way out of the pandemic. “It’s there,” Adalja said. “The real-world data shows what future we’ll eventually achieve if everything stays on track and we continue to vaccinate.”

The US is well on its way to that point. Already, more than 19 percent of the US population is fully vaccinated. With more than 3 million doses being administered a day, the country will be able to fully inoculate the majority of its population in a little more than a month — and all adults within three months. If that trend continues, the US could reproduce Israel’s crushed curve in just months or even weeks.

This is exactly the kind of story I needed today!

16 Likes

For some things; I don’t know if it applies to Covid violation fines. It is noteworthy, however, that (a) her husband wasn’t fined, even though he was involved in the practical arrangements (and the PM didn’t even go to the dinner), and (b) the case against the restaurant was dropped altogether, as they could have legally served even more guests with the table arrangements they had for the PM’s party, provided they were not all in the same group.

3 Likes

I am one of today’s count. Moderna Nr 2 in my arm this morning.

26 Likes