Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 2)

How broken are we that this is an option?

7 Likes

“Men and nations behave wisely when they have exhausted all other resources."

• Abba Eban, an Israeli politician and diplomat
16 Likes

Why the fuck are they being given the option?

17 Likes
6 Likes
7 Likes

Use of the vaccine is under an FDA emergency use authorization. Not quite the same as a full FDA authorization. This makes it tricky to make it mandatory. I expect, but cannot confirm, that deploying Marines/Soldiers/Sailors/Airmen will be required to take the vaccine in the future, like was the case with the anthrax vaccine in the past.

As to why 40% decline rate, well thank years of right-wing influence on military leadership and command climate. I’ve spoken at length about this previously.

17 Likes

I would typically agree with you, but after all the crazy shit that happened in Desert Storm, I think that “not requiring soldiers to take experimental medication” ship has sailed.

18 Likes
23 Likes

I had three of the experimental six-shot anthrax series. Then there was some waffling over whether to continue the series, so ultimately I didnt get the rest.

Gulf War had PB tablets, a cholinesterase inhibitor intended to ward off the worst effects of nerve gas exposure. I recall getting a memo in around 1996 directing to destroy all stocks, then to destroy the memo.

18 Likes

And tonight my left arm is practically useless, it hurts so bad. Some weird, still minor, joint pain in my legs in the last couple hours too.

18 Likes

This is what makes me nervous about letting them inject my dominant arm. :grimacing:

13 Likes

i can only imagine what a complete disaster things would be right now if people had reelected him

13 Likes

None of us here at the BBS would have gotten the vaccine yet, for starters.

15 Likes

I have come to believe that an eternity of suffering in hell can be a just punishment.

11 Likes

There were also IgG pills with vague instructions in case of bio weapon attack. Some people took those when there was an air raid. Some took them every day until they ran out. No wonder folks came back from that one messed up.

12 Likes

Leaving should be the option. Like goodbye. No pay.

3 Likes

Antifa are doing a counterdemonstration in Helsinki. “Against fascism and conspiracy kooks - Money to nurses and cultural workers”

21 Likes
6 Likes
8 Likes

12 Likes