Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 2)

I mean, it is the only call to make.
but you’re right… Nobody puts out the “Friday Night Lights”!
can you imagine?! Desert Mountain High School dark on a Friday Night??!! Dog forbid you tread on “mah boyz freedums like that?!”

10 Likes

Local clinic advertising on FB:

Rage inducing. “Wellness” - yeah, right.

12 Likes
20 Likes

So about $2 per person?

19 Likes

Shit, they spent more than that on centerpieces.

17 Likes
26 Likes

Don’t worry. The number of positive tests in the US is about to fall:

16 Likes

This is the guy who, going into Covid, continued with his plans to dismantle the public healthcare system for future privatization.

12 Likes

They should change their name to Right Aid.

Less sarcastically though, I get it’s more the ending of federal funding that’s to blame, but what a short-sighted move by both.

8 Likes

rage inducing because while even a negative pcr test can be wrong - a single negative rapid test is useless. less than useless for a person misled into thinking it means they can keep their family safe.

honestly, they should be sued for malpractice and for trying to profit from this pandemic.

12 Likes

MarketPlace Logan Announces Opening of XpresCheck COVID-19 Testing Facility to Passengers at Boston Logan International Airport

Travelers and airport employees alike can visit the XpresCheck via walk-in appointments or by scheduling in advance. Pricing varies:

• $75.00 for an individual PCR Test or individual Blood Antibody Test
  • $90.00 for both (the PCR Test and Blood Antibody Test)
  • $200.00 for the rapid molecular COVID-19 test

XpresCheck also accepts insurance for the individual PCR and Blood Antibody Test, people who receive the rapid test may be able to submit their own insurance claim after their visit. The entire testing process which involves introductions, administering the test, and the clinical visit takes up to approximately 20 minutes and results are provided onsite if having the rapid molecular COVID-19 test or for the other tests shared via XpresCheck’s secure patient portal in two-three days after testing.

11 Likes

Looks like the markets think air travel will recover given the vaccine news.

7 Likes

More kabuki theater.

Feelz like safety. TSA approved.

10 Likes

No. This would be an FAA/CDC joint.

XpresCheck Is just a private vendor - a concession that chose to brand itself with that name.

6 Likes

FAA trust factor - 0
CDC trust factor - 0
Airline lobby greed factor- 100

Interesting to see if XpresCheck is funded in part by the airlines.

10 Likes

Interesting. I didn’t read the article, but assuming you’re at the airport because you have a ticket, then you test positive, what happens?

5 Likes

No. It’s just a brand name at Logan. Other airports will form deals with other private testing outfits under different names.

Not funded by airlines - money making business for the concessionaires. I’m sure that airports - who run the concession programs - want to encourage travel and perceptions of safety- and certainly the public has expressed a desire for it.

It remains to be seen if it will actually be profitable.

5 Likes

If you’re sick - you’re not supposed to fly.

8 Likes

I would politely like to contradict you there. Rapid tests - i.e. quality-tested highly sensitive antigene tests - can significantly contribute to make a single-visit family gathering safer, if applied correctly - i.e. a very short time before meeting said family by someone who is qualified to do the testing perfectly as well as qualified to interpret and communicate the results.

Antigene tests show if you are highly infectious. If you get a positive result, isolate immediately and get the fuck tested with PCR tests (plural).

If not positive, antigene tests are not telling you that you are definitely not infectious. They are not telling you you are not infected. They are not telling you you and your family are absolutely safe.

But if you visit, e.g., your old parents or your grandma, e.g. because they insisted on it, then a qualified antigene rapid test is the least you should do.

Better: quarantine yourself for two weeks and get a rapid lateral flow test immediately before your meet them.

Also, hey, get the fuck out of there ASAP, i.e. don’t stay for more than one afternoon or evening. Wear a mask if possible. Wash your hands frequently, and so on and so forth. No snogging. No hugging, if avoidable. You know.

9 Likes

Nan will be disappointed.

10 Likes