Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 2)

If only we could get government /civil service employees to follow a similar code of ethics, we’d have fewer problems. It should be made clear from the beginning that if your personal beliefs would prevent you from doing the job, then you should find another job.

20 Likes

Scotch eggs ascend to the ‘substantial meal’ pantheon as means to pop to pub for a pint during pernicious pandemic

Ideally, government regulations should not be open to interpretation, but the UK’s wishy-washy response to the coronavirus pandemic has only left people scratching their heads – or, worse, thinking of ways they can bend the rules.

15 Likes

Even when the interpretation is given, substantial meal in Ireland was defined in a licensing context in a 1960s SI and index linked so it’s €9 spend it doesn’t make sense to most people.

Does the virus avoid people getting food?

8 Likes

No, they’re just defining the minimum amount of economic activity worth killing people over.

22 Likes
14 Likes
10 Likes
17 Likes

27 Likes

Just saw this news in PA, where similar legislation was vetoed. Not sure if the timing fits with meetings 45 had with GOP state legislators, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they weren’t looking to cover their assets before he leaves office:

18 Likes

not only future exposure, but all of the lawsuits that already exist. companies like tyson…

22 Likes
14 Likes

My cousin is a brain researcher, a Welcome investigator, professor of experimental brain science and all that and they are doing research on the neurogical effects of long Covid. They’d appreciate the shares and participation if anyone can.

22 Likes

Unfortunately, the whole point of the “religious freedom” assholery is to make it so you cannot make someone serve a person they see as subhuman. Which is a whole different ball of wax. In my presence, at least, that won’t happen. But this is the direction the right would like to go. If you are anything other than straight, cis, white male, you need to seek out people who are “comfortable treating your kind.” Of course, anyone who refuses to treat such SWM snowflakes would be guilty of discrimination, so there is that.

16 Likes

Who could have foreseen this?

22 Likes
22 Likes

They’re only saying this now?

24 Likes

I guess the CDC has apparently decided that Trump is too busy throwing a temper tantrum over the election to have time to interfere with them issuing reasonable advice regarding the pandemic.

Turns out Trump’s whole “after the election you’ll never hear about COVID” whining was yet again more projection.

7 Likes

Uh, the World Health Organization is changing its guidelines, not the CDC. The article is from the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.

13 Likes

This is WHO, not CDC, but hopefully with Atlas out of the building, and Trump lost in his own world, the experts with have less interference.

15 Likes

Cripes, I can read, I swear.

20 Likes