Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 2)

:rofl:

9 Likes

Be that as it may, but we need to brace for literally millions of people following entitled ignorants who either garble out bullshit themselves or enhance the audience for other idiots.

And part of their entitlement is that they are nearly never to be held responsible for this kind of shit.

11 Likes

His new habit of licking subway poles didnā€™t exactly pay off for him

17 Likes

Meh. Diagnosis by Trump tweet.

6 Likes

Who else was he going to get to testify?

3 Likes

I mean, are they sure that itā€™s COVID? After that black ooze stuff, Iā€™d keep a flamethrower handy.

11 Likes
12 Likes

Subway?

9 Likes
9 Likes

22 Likes
14 Likes

I wanted to let you know you arenā€™t alone. One of my in-laws is a practicing ER physician and the other a trained but not practing doctor. They are still eating in restaurants and going to church. Why? Fuck if I know. Iā€™m afraid to even open that discussion because I will explode. Meanwhile the pressure is on for them to see our kid. We dodged Thanksgiving. They had another set of children and grandkids over and I said no way. Turns out the ER doc wasnā€™t feeling well but they had dinner anyway bc he had a negative test. This blew my mind.
Er. So, anyway, you have my sympathy and support.

22 Likes

19 Likes

At least we saved the economy!

Sunday, December 06, 2020

They Misunderestimated It

From the beginning, the usual voices were saying that everything would be fine, that we would just turn the economy off and then back on again.

This isnā€™t about precisely what did or didnā€™t happen this year in terms of relief, or who precisely is to blame for that. But thereā€™s always an asymmetry in policy voices in DC. Very Serious People know that the worst thing you can do is err on the side of helping people too much. Poorer people, of course, thereā€™s always money in the banana stand for the yacht crowd. The impulse is always, at best, to do just enough, instead of just a little bit more just in case.

Atrios at 17:18

17 Likes

There was a huge, life-sized poster of these cartoon characters for people to pose with (there was a space for a person) at a hospital I did work at last week.

9 Likes
16 Likes

When we had to travel we flew Southwest because of their rep for at least trying to take things seriously.

I wonder if ā€œfurloughā€ means the government gets to pretend that theyā€™re not unemployed.

10 Likes
17 Likes
10 Likes
12 Likes