Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 2)

A lot of people here are saying the same thing.

11 Likes

Well that didn’t take long

23 Likes

melodramatic facepalm gif

9 Likes

More and more people every day, in fact.

8 Likes

Don’t know what the actual number given was, but two cases of anaphylaxis on the first day of vaccination is not a good thing…

15 Likes

Absolutely. Maybe “melodramatic” was the wrong word.

8 Likes

The last time russians were told to stay away from booze for this long, Lenin recently came to power.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/12/08/no-alcohol-for-2-months-russia-tells-coronavirus-vaccine-recipients-a72280

7 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to break down the numbers!
If someone sensible we’re in charge, I’d think the numbers would be weighted also by percentage of population 1) working as frontline HCWs, and 2) elderly or more at risk. But what am I saying?

Soon. Soon.

12 Likes

So there’s hope for improvement there!

2 Likes

Almost like some sort of anti-press sentiment or something.

6 Likes

I’ve experienced full-on anaphylactic shock once (requiring a late night salvage operation in the local ER) and much much lesser anaphylaxis a couple few other times. The experience makes Pulp Fiction fun to watch, but as my heart was still beating, I got mine via IV push. Seemed just a bit less dramatic.

Reading between the lines of the reporting though, I wasn’t able to rule out it being the latter rather than the former. They induced anaphylactic reactions in people who are strongly prone to them, but were they enough to require the use of their EpiPens? And wouldn’t that factor into the total statistics? If they only got a Benadryl-level reaction from people who already carry EpiPens, that would feel somewhat reassuring to me.

11 Likes

As always, more details needed. They will come along in time, this was just yesterday. Makes interpretation a bit tougher, and I always say there is nothing that someone somewhere is not allergic to, but twice on the first day does make my spidey senses tingle. Also, don’t recall hearing about any of this during phase 3 trials…

18 Likes
12 Likes

What’s the gap in the doses? At least for the first provision, I assume they’re all for dose one, with the second dose to come in, months?

Well, I wonder if poor Covid metrics might be an excuse for sending more to some red states. And Florida basically is a nursing home…but I don’t think it would account for the discrepancies.

Trying to think of a good way to share the spreadsheet in an anonymous way.

I, what?

11 Likes

Have we been transported back to March?

14 Likes

Pfizer 21 days, Moderna 28 days

At this time, you cannot mix and match. You finish with what you started.

14 Likes

Okay, so they should definitely be halving those numbers in terms of the people they’ll serve.

5 Likes

Welcome to Groundhog Year.

7 Likes

Walmart is a country.

17 Likes

I was thinking of that, too. Could you just use a junk account to set up a google drive*?

*it’s probably very obvious from that statement, but I am not a computer person.

4 Likes