Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 2)

According to the Grauniad "The NHS workers are said to have developed symptoms of “anaphylactoid reaction” .
What’s that? I mean I’ve looked it up but I don’t understand the answer. It presents the same clinical picture as anaphylactic but is not IgE mediated. Which sounds like. They would probably have used their epipens.

6 Likes

Aerial bombardment only, do not commit ground forces.

I meant, I couldn’t “think of a good way requiring virtually no effort on my part.” :grin:

14 Likes

I have mixed feelings about this one. The person being taped certainly went too far, but the person videoing was clearly not following the safety guidelines and that made someone feel unsafe.
I find the directional arrows really annoying at my local store. It just makes it hard to follow my regular system. But, the few times I’ve gone down an aisle the “wrong” direction, if there was somebody else there I just asked real quickly if they minded if I just slipped in to grab a thing instead of going all the way around. Every Single Time They’ve said, “sure, and thank you for asking!”

9 Likes

Gotta share this with my aunt, the Queen of Cruises in my family. What jumped out at me was that the trip was four days, and it was cut short by one.
Emphasis added:

The patient’s close contacts will be placed in quarantine or health surveillance, the Straits Times newspaper reported citing an advisory from the health ministry.
Others will need to monitor their health while continuing regular activities, including going to school or work, and undergo a swab test at the end of a 14-day monitoring period.

The headline seemed like all passengers were being isolated, but nope. After your post above on distancing, I hope they didn’t just focus on a distance of six feet / two meters.

13 Likes

We ran back to may…

RJ has increased cases of Covid-19 and occupancy rate of ICU beds in the SUS reaches 92%. On Sunday (22/11), an occupancy rate of ICU beds exclusively for patients with the new coronavirus in the SUS network in Rio had the same index as in May. Municipal Health Department says it is prepared and does not believe in the second wave of the disease.

14 Likes

‘cruise to nowhere’

I found the name and concept of this cruise incredible.

14 Likes

I guess Voyage of the Damned Dense was rejected by the marketing team. :thinking:

18 Likes

Uh oh.

Let the anti vaxxers and the anti-choicers unite! (What’s the opposite of “Go, Thundercats, go!”?

12 Likes
17 Likes

30 Likes

There is a conspiracy theory here about how these vaccines will change the human DNA and will make us keep away from God. Or how these vaccines are actually nanochips controlled by 5g technology, designed by evil scientist paid by the globalist cabal to turn us into mindless zombies.

16 Likes

Funny; I hadn’t even felt the jab.

15 Likes

Pennsyltuckey.

15 Likes
15 Likes

Nurses getting death threats in 3…2…

12 Likes

Saw this yesterday. All I can say is that if this were true, covid-19 is absolutely an extinction level event. There will never be another healthy pregnancy! Isn’t this how A Handmaid’s Tale starts? It’s also how Evolution ends if I recall properly. Just no, not how this thing works. At all. The stupid hurts.

19 Likes
11 Likes
9 Likes

Just to be super crystal clear: These guys are serial social media offenders.

Claims of the mRNA vaccine’s sterilizing side effects are unfounded.

22 Likes

Totally made me think of that, too. The vaccine rumor is actually really devious. Recent studies are showing if a man gets the virus, it can lead to erectile dysfunction. So now a rumor saying if a woman gets the vaccine, no more healthy pregnancies…hmmm.

13 Likes