Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 2)

12 Likes

Don’t forget the medical school loan$.

Edited to correct typo. @Ratel You and mead both, buddy. :wink:

12 Likes
9 Likes

I went to mead school and all I got was this lousy hangover…

22 Likes

The government of the state of São Paulo said the would release the results of the Sinovac´s vaccine research. But at the last minute they canceled everything and said they will soon reveal the results.

14 Likes

What the actual FUCK:

17 Likes

OMG. That’s terrible, and it’s also the most Antelope Valley thing ever. (All along State Route 14 are DUI attorney billboards.)

9 Likes
19 Likes

Honestly, speaking for myself and a few I am close to, not doing what we do is just unthinkable. I guess we are trapped, but it is of our own making. Really, it is an incredibly satisfying profession, and the pandemic just makes us want to do it more. Maybe it is a form of mental illness? But like the little dog says,

18 Likes

Mead school??? :smiley::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::laughing::rofl::joy:

17 Likes

After this is over, medical personnel ought to be treated with the same reverence that some people have for the military.

24 Likes
14 Likes

I dont think its reverence for the military. I think its reverence for the guns and power. See also: police.

Full disclosure - retired Soldier.

24 Likes

As much as I agree that’s probably the case, my point remains the same: that adulation should be shifted to those who saved lives.

I am aware from previous commentary you’ve made.

Your honest first-hand perspective is appreciated.

20 Likes

Due to both Covid and living on the other side of Bass Strait, I haven’t seen my family for two years.

As well as Christmas, December this year is my brother’s fiftieth birthday. A few weeks ago, he called to tell me that he’d bought me a plane ticket to Sydney to see the family for Christmas and his birthday. He lives in Darwin, and was flying down himself.

I landed in Sydney a few hours before the new outbreak there led everyone else in Oz to reintroduce their border restrictions.

At my brother’s birthday the next day, I was the only one wearing a mask and the only one not freely exchanging hugs, sharing food, etc. And it wasn’t just my daft family; the streets were full of folks acting as if nothing was happening.

So, given how that looked, I will be surprised if the Sydney outbreak doesn’t explode over Christmas. And, given that I was likely to be stranded in Sydney if it gets any worse, I brought my return flight forwards and scarpered ASAP.

Getting back into Tasmania required applying for government approval of my quarantine location and involved temperature checks etc at the airport. If I wasn’t a local, I wouldn’t have been allowed in; if I didn’t have a suitably isolated house, I would’ve been required to quarantine in a guarded hotel.

So, now I have two weeks where I’m not allowed to leave my property unless it’s on fire. Fortunately, I live alone on several acres of rural land; you can’t even see my house from the front gate, and there’s plenty of room to stroll around without crossing the boundary.

This morning, I had the quarantine inspectors come around. Not cops; State Emergency Service volunteers.

They parked at my front gate, phoned from inside the vehicle and asked me to come out and wave at them from the driveway. No hassles.

36 Likes

Agreed.

11 Likes

Two separate Covid-19 outbreaks have now been traced back to that person, officials said. Seven people died as a result of the first outbreak, and hundreds of people were forced to self-isolate over the second one.

18 Likes
15 Likes

My dentist takes your temperature with one of those electronic things they point at your forehead before entering the office - my Dr too. Doesn’t seem like that’s too burdensome for boarding a jet.

16 Likes

Doctor, dentist, hairdresser (before she had to close again).

It would have been supremely helpful in this case.

11 Likes