Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 2)

16 Likes

If a video has an endless loop of the X-Files theme, it’s def “real”…

16 Likes

My aunt was talking about her youngest son (my cousin) who lives in Pasadena and works in LA… :pensive:

8 Likes
8 Likes
15 Likes
15 Likes
13 Likes

“Who’s from Los Angeles California here?”

Crickets

7 Likes

:thinking:

29 Likes

Apparently natural selection doesn’t work after all.

17 Likes

Yikes, things have changed in that now, it’s not just “poor” people and now people with money and access to education are actively stoking the doubt.

21 Likes

Greeting from locked-down Ontario :canada:. :persevere: Just as our hospitals really groan under the weight of the pandemic, we get the UK variant.

The cases were detected in a couple in Durham Region with no known travel history, exposure or high-risk contacts, the Ministry of Health said in a news release. Both individuals are now in isolation.
Modelling and epidemiological studies seem to indicate that the COVID-19 variant identified in the U.K. can spread easier and faster. U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson has previously said the variant is 70 per cent more transmissible than current strains, the Associated Press reported.

18 Likes

right!? that tweet makes me so angry.

has everyone already forgot that management was pushing for reopening while workers were begging for pay to stay home? or that people like tyson executives were betting on how many of their employees would get sick because they refused to allow them ppe?

this is america. where getting your nails done is more important than rich people paying enough wages and taxes so that people could have stayed safe at home.

there’s a reason covid is so bad here. and it’s not the fault of workers who have been forced into unsafe conditions.

31 Likes

That’s an amazing photo. On one hand it looks so terribly vain. And yet, I can see someone making a purely professional decision how much value their appearance has and how much it is worth to maintain it…and someone else deciding how much value their health has and how much it is worth to risk it, and coming up with less. Money is the real root. It’s very much a poignant snapshot of a systemic problem.

21 Likes

it also captures the racial disparity of who’s worst affected by covid and why. money is a real problem, and so is white supremacy.

20 Likes

First large (thousands of doses) fraud diverting the vaccine from frontline medical workers and giving it to members of a private medical network. Gazes into Crystal Ball

Yep, it’s the Satmar Chassidim, those superspreading, xenophobic, welfare-grifting, scofflaw, chilluls Hashem cultists. As a Jew I am ashamed to share an ethnicity and religion with them

10 Likes

Disaster capitalism strikes again…

13 Likes
10 Likes

Goodness, did you read the replies to that tweet? Zoiks!

5 Likes

I wonder what was inside the red pill. LSD, perhaps?

These doubts were planted in people’s hearts by malicious and unscrupulous people. In the past, people didn’t ask anything about the origin or development process of vaccines. Today everyone has expressed their distrust. I saw people talking about it in the supermarket line. I even tried to argue, but their fear was bigger than my poor facts and reasoning.

sci-fi film GIF

15 Likes