Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 2)

33 Likes

I started to laugh and everybody looked at me.

I am still laughing.

21 Likes

91-year old woman first to get vaccine in Sweden

A 91-year-old woman living in an elderly care home in Mjölby – a small city mid-way between Stockholm and Gothenburg – has become the first person in Sweden to be vaccinated against Coronavirus.

https://www.thelocal.se/20201227/91-year-old-woman-first-to-get-vaccine-in-sweden

18 Likes

Is she the only one to survive Breivik?

1 Like
12 Likes

Operation Substantially Less Than Bare Minimum

MONDAY, DECEMBER 28, 2020

“Coronavirus Task Force”

Cute we pretend that was a real thing run by people who had any interested in or ability to make anything happen.

Dr. Peter Hotez on slow vaccine distribution: The Coronavirus Task Force ‘may have underestimated some of the complicated logistics involved.’

by Atrios at 14:58

14 Likes
16 Likes

Over 95% managed to sneak away. Speaks to a highly coordinated breakout if you ask me.

17 Likes

And/or completely useless quarantine oversight.

13 Likes

Either way, everybody knows better by now. The mature thing to do would be to quarantine in place if there’s even the slightest suspicion of transmission in the region.

i-am-angry-hate-you-gif-22

22 Likes

Or just poor marksmanship. Who are they hiring over there, retired Stormtroopers?

3 Likes

What’s the odds they were whistling “the Great escape” while they did it?

To be fair rich people on ski holidays are the fucking source of this in most of Europe so what do you expect of those fuckers while the rest of us are trying not to spread it? It kills the poors and they do not care.

19 Likes

This explains a lot of the response, or lack thereof, throughout the world. Why should we care? It only kills “them!”

14 Likes
20 Likes

Must suck to have two competing strains (I assume they don’t actually mean that) /s

1 Like

File this again under infrastructure that has bucked under the combined effect of Covid and Trump. It will be hard to rebuild, since the precedent has been set that only “certain kinds” of docs will be acceptable in these areas, and there are not very many (too many, but still not huge numbers) denialist docs out there.

18 Likes
18 Likes

The “herd”.

Not that I’m some great “individualist”, but I don’t think they deserve to have that even that vague nod to their own fictional self image. They are precisely “Toxic Conformists”.

7 Likes
20 Likes
19 Likes