Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 2)

No more sauna and vodka for Covid.

10 Likes

Let’s not stop there

8 Likes
16 Likes

It must be difficult having a brain sized to match his pump.

7 Likes

Operation Warp Crawl

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported on Monday that 2.1 million doses of coronavirus vaccines have been administered in two weeks. While this might sound like an impressive number, it should set off alarms.

Let’s start with the math. Anthony S. Fauci, the government’s top infectious-disease doctor, estimates that 80 to 85 percent of Americans need to be vaccinated to reach herd immunity. Both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines require two doses. Eighty percent of the American population is around 264 million people, so we need to administer 528 million doses to achieve herd immunity.

At the current rate, it would take the United States approximately 10 years to reach that level of inoculation. That’s right — 10 years."

10 Years

The Fuck

20 Likes

Syringe purchase fails and Brazilian Ministry of Health guarantees less than 3% of what is needed for vaccination.

12 Likes

FYI, this is almost exactly the rate Trump promised.

16 Likes
Tuesday, December 29, 2020

That Seems Easy

I don’t actually think the logistics of vaccine distribution in our big messy country is easy, but it seems like a solveable problem. A lot of people should be on trial for murder, is what I’m trying to say here.

Atrios at 15:00

18 Likes
27 Likes

That didn’t take long.

19 Likes

Now it’s a loan they have to pay back.

6 Likes

Guess he wasn’t on the trump Super MAGA COVID plan.

18 Likes

at an annual interest rate of 1% over 5 years. they could invest it and make a profit so far as i understand.

11 Likes

Luke Letlow, a Republican
 died on Tuesday evening of complications from Covid-19, a spokesman said. He was 41.

Other elected officials to die from Covid include: a Republican state senator from Minnesota, New Hampshire’s new Republican speaker of the House, and in North Dakota, David Dean Andahl, a Republican known as “Dakota Dave,” who was elected posthumously

hmmm
 i wonder what they have in common :thinking:

18 Likes

We’re only just rolling out the vaccines, and already there are otherwise respectable people suggesting that we should go off-label into unknown territory by going single-dose. /facepalm

I know that they are having to make tough choices about who gets it first, and it’s so tempting to use that reserved second shot now, but fuuuuck!

I mean, it could work if they had accurate data on future shipments, and a system that properly tracks who needs their second shot, when and which vaccine, but they don’t, so it’ll be a crap-shoot.

17 Likes
13 Likes
16 Likes

Easy solution to this. A dozen counter protestors with stink bombs. Once the fresh scent of “liquid ass” is floating around, people might clear out.

15 Likes

Haha! And can we please stop referring to the “Spanish Flu” since really it came from US?

14 Likes

Exactly. I heard that story this morning and it’s upsetting. Not only did they exploit the program to get low-interest government loans instead of paying workers, they made those funds unavailable to small businesses that might’ve made them available to workers.
Just goes to show, if the goal is to get the money to workers, just give the money to the workers, don’t filter it through layers.

20 Likes