Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 2)

The big story here, it seems to me, is not the administrative burden of unhooking people’s second shots and booking in new people to get their first. The story is that the vaccine isn’t licensed or trialled to be used this way. They are talking about the second dose on 12 weeks.

Will it work? Do they have any clue?

21 Likes

No, no they do not. But why worry about science? I mean, it’s just another opinion, right?

15 Likes

I just saw that story about the Wisconsin sabotage. WTF?!?
They should be charged with 250 counts of reckless endangerment.

13 Likes

Wait until one of the people flagged for those vaccines dies, then charge murder one, with terrorism enhancements.

11 Likes

If only it were that simple. What if someone flagged for one of those vaccines, a HCW for instance, becomes asymptomatic and spreads it around to several people, who then die and/or spread it around further? It’s such a stupid, stupid act of protest.

14 Likes

ouran-HS-host-club-haruhi-mad

8 Likes

The term “protest” itself, formerly meaning objection to injustice, has been co-opted by malicious right-wing conspiracy theorists to give cover for advocating harm to others.

14 Likes

Whatever method is used to determine distribution, leave it to FL to pick the worst.

24 Likes
18 Likes

Chalk up another one!

Rep.-elect Salazar to miss swearing-in ceremony due to Covid diagnosis (aol.com)

“Salazar, a Republican from the Miami area who defeated Democratic Rep. Donna Shalala in one of the biggest House upsets of the election year, was admitted to the hospital overnight on Dec. 23 with heart arrhythmia and later tested positive for Covid-19, according to a statement from her office.”

20 Likes
17 Likes

Finally, government getting the important work done

13 Likes

Yay!! Na-noo-na-noo, or whatever. At last we find out who it is that is running this simulation. And kick their ass.

12 Likes

It didn’t have to be like this.

17 Likes

It would be bad enough, but understandable, if they were just incompetent and overwhelmed.

But the embracing and spreading of conspiracy theories, fraudulent minimization of risks, and the deliberate hindering of pandemic responses go beyond anything understandable or acceptable.

I don’t think it will ever be known just how much worse Trump and the GOP made things, but it is absolutely certain that they killed a ton of innocent American people, as surely as they had had them machine-gunned down.

12 Likes

Ohio’s governor concerned nursing home employees are not taking the COVID-19 vaccine (thedenverchannel.com)

“While DeWine did not have exact numbers during his news conference on Wednesday, he said roughly 60% of nursing home employees were not taking the vaccine. A request for data from Ohio’s Department of Health has not been returned.”

I read this with horror. Just no understanding of WTF they are thinking.

(BTW, I finally got approval for mine, going Sunday afternoon to get it.)

22 Likes

They are not. They are imbecilic chickens squawking ancient Russian propaganda back and forth to each other, most of which they heard in sermons at their satanic churches.

13 Likes

And the fucked-uppedness continues.

Not evil this time, just incompetent. But still, delays are not OK in this.

Oh, and this stupid decision:

" Because there is currently no data on the safety and efficacy of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines in persons who received monoclonal antibodies as part of COVID-19 treatment, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that “vaccination should be deferred for at least 90 days, as a precautionary measure until additional information becomes available, to avoid interference of the antibody treatment with vaccine-induced immune responses.”

However, despite the CDC’s recommendation, the West Virginia National Guard told ABC News that “there are no concerns that this will set individuals back 90 days,” and that “all 42 individuals are being offered the vaccine today.”

17 Likes

Cant spell incompetent without competent, right?

(Doomed I tell ya, doomed!)

13 Likes

Operation Less Than Bare Minimum

• [Fauci] calls missed target of 20m inoculations ‘disappointing’

And, you know, for some people “deadly”.

12 Likes