Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 2)

That is not surprising, as a lot of the damage from this disease is linked to over-the-top inflammatory response and vascular damage. It is encouraging to some degree, since inflammation can be at least somewhat controlled, while direct viral invasion of brain tissue is much harder to deal with. Another bit of knowledge to put into the puzzle.

17 Likes

What is “TF” referring to in the bottom tweet’s text? Oh oh. Nevermind. Thermofisher

I’m not good at reading tweets because I avoid twit hell

7 Likes

Not surprising. From my interactions with TF in the past, all decisions are run through the finance folks, who are isolated from the people who actually know what they are doing - the scientists. Every other stakeholder in the company - R&D, Marketing, Sales, Operations - can be all on board with something and Finance can veto it.

11 Likes
13 Likes
12 Likes

How many more ways can things get fscked up?

19 Likes
16 Likes

Where is this?

4 Likes

If you can call friends and contacts in for late-night vaccinations, you can call back people who were waiting in line. :man_shrugging:

@docosc It looks like Chatanooga from the weather header.

12 Likes

It’s an unfortunate side effect of a poor rollout. They should have scheduled vaccines on a by-name basis, and verified that the recipients will be available for their round two shot. Instead they did a mass announcement which resulted in chaos.

14 Likes

Tennessee (U.S.).

:roll_eyes:

13 Likes

“Miscalculation?” How much calculus does it take to count vaccine doses and make a 1:1 “calculation” for patients? Either idiots or they had “better options” for those doses. Damn… :man_facepalming:

Oh, man, I was giving them way more credit than they deserved. I read “close contacts” and thought “of covid patients.” No, “of the people giving the vaccines!” Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

18 Likes

Yeah, DH and I were speculating that this term may be applied to these officials who didn’t think they’d be caught on camera by a news crew.

FTA:

Acting on a tip, Channel 3 returned to the Riverpark after dark to find cars leaving the property. The people in those vehicles told Channel 3 family members or friends who were helping to administer the vaccines called to tell them there were extra doses and they should come to receive a dose.

“We have got contacts,” exclaimed one driver when asked how he was able to get a vaccine. The driver told Channel 3 all seven people in the vehicle received a vaccination. It’s not clear if those individuals met the CDC or the Health Department’s criteria to receive this round of available vaccines.

There’s a lotta quasi-plausible hemming and hawing farther into the article, about this being their first day administering the vacc and that they didn’t waste any doses (well, ok good), but The Optics of This Gig Are Ungood.

They should have been better organized, retained the contact info for those people waiting in line–maybe the first 50 at the head of the line–in case, yes, more doses were available prior to time/date of dose expiry.

The whole cutting ahead in line for the fortunate, connected few reeks of Cult45’s brand of exceptionalism and nepotism.

https://twitter.com/thegoodgodabove/status/1341003528622510081?s=20

21 Likes

the phrase sounds like some kind of legitimate technical term

if they actually meant “friends and family of employees” then it’s just corruption

17 Likes

Their claim is that they were able to get more doses out of a vial than previously thought, resulting in an underestimated count.

Still, call the people who were at the head of the line first. They were next.

15 Likes

pipe masturbating GIF

10 Likes
11 Likes
9 Likes
17 Likes

Someone needs help with their English tenses.

9 Likes