Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 3)

I’d noticed my local vets were getting busier, but I hadn’t realized this was why. I called in to pick up my dog’s monthly prescription last week, and they had me schedule her December check-up, two months in advance, to make sure she’d get an appointment.

11 Likes

5 Likes

If Finland used the Swiss-designed “light certificate” there would be much less personal info in the codes, and less possibility of FUD like this.

(Though unfortunately, the light certificate is opt-in in Switzerland, not the default.)

More info on the light certificate from the FAQ:

What is a “certificate light”?
Answer
The COVID Certificate app has an option allowing holders of COVID certificates to generate a data-minimised certificate for use in Switzerland. The certificate light does not contain any health data; it merely shows that the holder has a valid COVID certificate.

The data-minimised alternative to the COVID certificate has been developed at the request of the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC), because third parties could use self-developed apps to gain unauthorised access to health data such as the vaccine or date of the vaccination when checking COVID certificates. The certificate light prevents this.

A certificate light is only available electronically within the app and can only be used in Switzerland. For data protection reasons, the certificate light has a maximum period of validity of 48 hours, after which it must be activated again. If the normal certificate is needed before the 48 hours have elapsed, the certificate light can simply be deactivated.

4 Likes
17 Likes

That captured very well what makes the loss of life from this disease so difficult for the families affected.

12 Likes
20 Likes

I doubt they’re missing out on much in the way of education during those 30 days.

21 Likes

God damn it, Florida

12 Likes

That’s the same crazy private school that threatened to fire teachers who got the vaccine last spring.

17 Likes

So, they ARE worried about contagion among non-vaccinated people after all.

16 Likes

This article is basically a cut and paste from the letter sent by the school principal last night. My sister sent it to me. She has a nasty case of Covid (vaccinated), her son has (too young to get Vax). And obviously nearly all of his class have it.

If your revised strategy is to put your head in the sand, don’t be surprised if it comes up behind you to boot your arse. This is what happens when the landlord class rules: they gotta get you into their infection spaces. School serves that by allowing the adults to go to work.

ETA

I’m removing the Fucking Irish Times version of the story as the cuts they made in the letter don’t express the genuine frustration of the parents and school workers. The point is that the current strategy is bullshit, rather than a particular school being closed.

19 Likes

Today, Japan, a country of 126 million people, had just 232 new cases of COVID-19. Just 29 each in Tokyo and Osaka Prefectures. Nine of those cases were at airport quarantine.

Meanwhile, 67% of the population is now fully vaccinated and 75.3% have had at least one dose.

17 Likes
17 Likes

Out the airlock! Make sure to pull the cord on your way down.

12 Likes

His career died from one GOP administration’s ineptitude, corruption, and outright lies and his body died from another’s. Shame.

16 Likes

Uh it’s a private school too. Maybe… Maybe don’t put your kids in that school!

14 Likes

Wow.

I was initially a little surprised to see flex cuffs on the plane. But after thinking for two seconds it was clear why.

“My dog could be your god”. I think that was the most compelling part of her argument

10 Likes

That’s almost as bad as flying Spirit.

4 Likes

Still better than Ryanair. They’d make you pay for the unscheduled entertainment

17 Likes

CNN is going heavy on that he was fully vaxxed, but neglecting to mention that he was also immune-compromised due to Multiple Myeloma.

Thanks AT&T.

17 Likes