Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 3)

Yesterday’s xkcd sums up my feelings exactly.

24 Likes

Thread with further details about why that mdpi paper is not to be trusted:

9 Likes
6 Likes

As soon as it was known that this “study” used VAERS-type data, it was clearly useless other than as a talking point. VAERS literally can be used to show that vaccines have turned children into The Hulk, Wonder Woman or Captain America. It is useless as data. Quite useful as an indicator of things that need evaluation, but as primary data? No, useless.

18 Likes

And politicians in Florida wonder why cruise companies are avoiding the state

14 Likes

My answer is, “Do you want to be the first person back in the ocean after the shark attack?”

14 Likes
14 Likes
8 Likes

fixed?

4 Likes

I assume that it’s dire if he’s going public on it.

11 Likes
9 Likes
11 Likes

One month more, but I doubt it will be enough.

By the end of March, 6.4 million American households were behind on their rent, according to the Department of Housing and Urban Development. As of June 7, roughly 3.2 million people in the U.S. said they faced eviction in the next two months, according to the U.S. Census Bureau’s Household Pulse Survey.

16 Likes

https://www.turvallisuustutkinta.fi/en/index/tutkintaselostukset/poikkeuksellisettapahtumat/xktnqjspo.html

5 Likes

My state fully opens today. I’m still very sketched out about not wearing a mask when I go out, and the naysayers are like “lol trust the science bro!” Of course these are the same people who were pushing for survival of the fittest before.

I do trust the science, I just don’t trust others. It was quite glorious going for an entire year without getting sick once.

Not sure how to reconcile this, but on the other hand, fuck ‘em.

22 Likes

In the San Diego area, many people are still wearing their masks, though they’re vaccinated. I mean…just keep on keeping on until the numbers are acceptable to the experts.

17 Likes

This article says that in a survey, some 11% of Japanese people said that they would refuse the vaccine. Which…damn… that’s not bad.

Surprisingly, younger people are more likely to reject the vaccine and, even more surprising, women are more likely than men, with 15.6% of women between the ages of 20-39 saying no to vaccination. Which… again… not bad.

The not so good part? 52.8% said they want to “wait and see before getting the vaccine…”

7 Likes
10 Likes

Was anyone really shocked this asshole responded to this the way he did?

Meanwhile, health staffers in his administration were growing increasingly concerned over COVID-19, according to the book.

“Mr. President, I’ve got to tell you something,” Azar told Trump during a mid-January 2020 phone call, before COVID-19 broke out across the country and forced officials to impose lockdowns. “There’s this new virus out of China that could be extremely dangerous. It could be the kind of thing we have been preparing for and worried about.”

Azar then relayed to Trump that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention had started to screen travelers from China to the US but that additional safety measures probably needed to be taken to mitigate potential spread of the virus, per the book.

“Yeah, okay,” Trump replied, seemingly unconvinced of the threat. Then he hung up the phone.

15 Likes

There will be a ton of self-excusing books and articles coming out from former Il Douche administration members trying to say “I tried to stop it!” No, you did not. You enabled it, and if you realized the magnitude of the problem and did nothing about it, you are at least as much, if not more, to blame than the idiot who was too stupid and self-absorbed to realize this. I don’t buy it one bit.

20 Likes