Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 4)

Yeah, he’s famously said he will not go back to doing the show from his closet upstairs at the theater there. I get the feeling that he’s one of those performers who really does best with an audience right there. I get that some people are more people people than others, but as you note, not everyone had choices about if they could lockdown.

11 Likes
13 Likes

his book, “How to Prevent the Next Pandemic"

is it all about covax and patents? ugh.

it’s so funny how money like his can buy influence in areas someone is definitely not qualified to be messing with.

Covax, a Gates Foundation-funded initiative whose mission was to deliver vaccines to low- and middle-income countries quickly, ultimately failed because rich countries hoarded so many vaccines.

And one of the obstacles standing in the way is the view, as Gates expresses in his book, that we don’t need structural change — that we can just nudge the private sector in the right direction by using the reward of big profits as an enticement.

13 Likes
7 Likes

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

At this point, I’m wondering who can get him to stop.

17 Likes

yeah. unfortunately, i think the gates foundation will be around long long after he’s gone. things like the carnegie foundation have been around since the early 1900s. :confused:

i’m sure its existence is probably better than some alternatives – i can’t even imagine what the zombie of musk or bezo’s money will be. but, i feel like it’d probably be best to just give the money in gifts or grants to individuals. let people work bottom up, than force “solutions” from top down.

11 Likes
11 Likes

Sounds somewhat redundant.

13 Likes
8 Likes

Damn, if they’re finally acknowledging it publicly it must be getting pretty bad.

And as awful as the virus is, North Korea is one place in the world where I could imagine government interventions being even deadlier. In the China lockdowns they’re separating young kids from their families and killing pets. I shudder to think of what North Korea would be willing to do when fighting this virus…

11 Likes

Do you think they would take Ripley by her word?

3 Likes

16 Likes

“Killed six people”

15 Likes
14 Likes

annoyed for gods sake GIF

13 Likes

all kinds of things wrong

13 Likes

Ummm, freeze peach?

9 Likes

Well, this won’t end well…

15 Likes

Quite a few counties in Michigan, including mine, are at high transmission and the CDC is recommending masks indoors.

The wife just got home from Meijer, three people got the memo, no one else wearing masks.

This morning at Lowes we were the only two people wearing masks.

Oh well, we’ll continue doing what we think is best for us.

12 Likes
9 Likes