Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 4)

:mask: :mask: :mask:
Was talking with a friend about the supremacist view that COVID only affected the elderly and BIPOC, so they thought they would be safe. Stereotypes about who is more likely to have a preexisting condition don’t help. I pointed out some folks tend to ignore high blood pressure as a risk factor, and reminded him why they call it “the silent killer.”

15 Likes

Where I live is minority majority… when we go out (masked), it seems to me like more POC are wearing masks than white people we see. Like I want to say that there was only one other white person we saw at the grocery store yesterday with a mask, and maybe slightly more than half of Black shoppers were masked. Same when I went to the farmers market in town (which is in an area with a high number of immigrants, mostly from Ethiopia/Eritrea). Lots of unmasked white people (though slightly more than at my suburban grocery story), but more masked Black folks, though not all.

I’mma keep masking to keep myself and others as safe as I can, especially as numbers are about to start rising it seems…

18 Likes
12 Likes
12 Likes

Cheerful news, that… /s

12 Likes

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newsletters/2022-05-16/coronavirus-daily-a-silver-lining-for-omicron-infections

Interesting that BioNTech came to this conclusion and published it even though they’re a vaccine maker. But it makes sense that repeated vaccination that’s targeting an old ancestral strain would have diminishing returns over time.

8 Likes

The wife went in this morning for her annual mammogram, we always get nervous when having to go into a health care facility.

She said no worries, even I would have felt safe. She said the woman at the lab was wiping everything almost instantly as patients came in and out and one person was opening doors for everyone wiping handles as anyone touched it.

She said they also had touchless check in, a kiosk that scanned your id and insurance card.

My son in law, who works from home, said his employer (one of the big auto manufacturers) was going back to mandatory masks in the office for anyone that comes in.

So there are people still taking it seriously.

14 Likes

Whoda thunk.

And part of his statement was this gem…

“Even for an opportunity this big, I will not give in on our principles and values. Medical freedom is a key component of my campaign.”

5 Likes

USians, feds have more free tests to give away

16 Likes

Done!
Thanks for the tip!

8 Likes
6 Likes

:woman_shrugging:

15 Likes

12 Likes

And they say irony is dead.

10 Likes

Glasses Lol GIF by Robert E Blackmon

8 Likes

TMI, Candace.

16 Likes

Tl;dr: Nope.

15 Likes

But her specific symptoms seem to be diarrhea of the mouth. That’s not what the study observed. :thinking:

15 Likes

That’s a shame. :wink:

11 Likes

Since most conservatives usually look constipated, this will probably work out well for them. :man_shrugging:

8 Likes