Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 4)

This story, posted already under the World Politics thread (Haaretz articles) and the Vulnerabilities thread (Guardian articles) has a Coronavirus angle as well! (I’ll link to the source page here…)

The “Team Jorge” group, run by an ex-:israel: special forces guy, Tal Hanan, runs an army of around 30,000 fake social media accounts using their Advanced Impact Media Solutions software (AIMS). It seems they were brought in to meddle when a :uk: lab got some bad press after being accused of being bad at their jobs:

In the UK, in Fall 2021, AIMS avatars took a hard line against the UK Health Safety Agency. The agency had launched an investigation into a laboratory accused of providing some 43,000 false negative Covid test results to its patients.

9 Likes

Might be worth asking your doc about their voting habits.

I don’t know that I can fully express how outraged I am by these findings. I have consistently maintained that education can overcome ideology. I am apparently very wrong.

angry the simpsons GIF

For physicians, things were considerably different. Here, the lines were largely straight and flat from very liberal to moderates, indicating that these physicians all had similar opinions on the value of these three medicines. But then the graph changed moving from moderates to the conservative end of the spectrum. This indicates that, among experts, the political polarization is one-sided. In other words, the opinions of liberal MDs look like those of moderate MDs, while the opinions of conservative MDs are difficult to distinguish from those of non-experts.

22 Likes

It would be interesting horrifying to see this study extended to other types of medical care.

18 Likes

My wife got a jury notice. She called and asked what the mask policy was, they said voluntary.

Based on that she asked for a deferal because of my health, the clerk was very nice and said she was way way down the list and probably won’t have to come in. She said call every day and if she’s told to come in call her back for the deferal.

I’m sure she’d be safe but masks should be required.

17 Likes

100%. Bad ventillation, close quarters, compulsory attendance, respondents skewed towards the elderly. No way masking should be optional for jury duty. That or allow teleconference. I’m surprised they didn’t stick with virtual court, anyway. Seems like it’s a system that would be perfect for remote conference technology.

14 Likes

Somebody get a conscience or is it a trick?

12 Likes

Anecdote no more. It’s real.

19 Likes

I’m sure the companies charging obscene rates for insulin in the :us: are updating their quarterly forecasts as we speak… :thinking:

13 Likes

Considering Season 3 GIF by Portlandia

Considering the billions they’ve made, and how few people are still getting it, they should give it out for free to anyone who wants it.

13 Likes

Hey look, a 4,400% increase in VAERS reports. Wierd how it’s only in Florida.

Do you suppose the CDC and FDA get these letters from him and just face palm, “not this crap again.”

7 Likes

Well, there you go.

9 Likes
12 Likes

ETA

16 Likes
14 Likes

The plague rats are still complaining about this in 2023

10 Likes

Of course North Dakota also introduced a bill to ban kids who don’t identify as human to be banned from school.

12 Likes

I’d really hate living in a place like that, where also, whenever I went out with a mask on, I’d worry about getting attacked for it.

15 Likes

14 Likes

I don’t get that photo, if those kids were wearing a mask she should have put a mask on for them.

10 Likes

In Idaho, it’s unclear if Nichols and Boyle’s bill will make it through the committee and, further, into law. However, its introduction fits into a worrying trend by conservative lawmakers for attacking lifesaving vaccination and evidence-based medicine, generally.

That sums it up pretty nicely. Anything more advanced than Bronze Age medicine is verboten.

18 Likes