Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 4)

This is my hope. Not sure how realistic it is, but it is very much my preferred outcome.

12 Likes

… that’s Latin for “people getting sick,” right :confused:

3 Likes

Yes, sorry, I slip into doctor-speak pretty easily. But yes, that’s correct.

6 Likes

So morbid! :wink:

2 Likes

… just fewer than expected — also, beyond that, it takes time for reports to come in so the final few weeks at the end are always low

6 Likes
8 Likes

Very true. Though we will be getting both regardless. I hope there is a kid dose.

12 Likes
9 Likes

That’s me (knock on wood), but I am up to date on my vaccines…

8 Likes

Went looking for updates on pan vaccines and found this:

Walter Reed results were updated in late May:

https://mrdc.health.mil/index.cfm/media/news_releases/2021/pan_coronavirus_vaccine_development_strategy

:crossed_fingers:t4:

6 Likes

Heads up. Okinawa Times via Google Translate

“Medical care is collapsing” Corona infection does not stop in Okinawa Naha city practitioner complains
July 6, 2023 6:30
Society/living
Okinawa is facing a major epidemic for the first time in Japan after the transition of the new coronavirus to category 5. Now that Okinawa Prefecture has no longer coordinated hospitalizations, local clinics, which are on the front lines of dealing with the rapidly increasing number of people with fevers, are being hit hard. “Even after visiting seven or eight hospitals, we are still unable to find a place for our patients. Adjustments are continuing to the point that we are losing lives. Rather than a medical crisis, we are in a state of collapse.”

via Jessica Wildfire, who also reports that parts of :ireland: and :australia: are seeing a worrying uptick (/local medical care collapse?) possibly indicating a new variant.

Sigh… just as numbers in Ontario :canada: suggested that maybe, just maybe, we might sneak out to the cinemas this summer.

We’ve got our booster :syringe: lined up for Saturday at the pharmacy around the corner. That will make 6. We have one family member experiencing longer symptoms, but thankfully pretty minor.

7 Likes

Apparently getting the booster could actually help the long covid symptoms.

Fingers crossed!

Praying I Hope GIF by The Paley Center for Media

12 Likes
6 Likes

according to their earlier article

Researchers are not exactly sure how the deer got infected or how the virus behaves in the animals’ body, but suspect they may have been infected by drinking contaminated water, as the virus is shed in human stool and found in wastewater.

but i wonder how the virus goes the other direction. from eating venison maybe? or does that buck expectation?

8 Likes

We know how this all works out…

Oh, deer.

6 Likes

homer simpson doh GIF

6 Likes

Weird. I will take it, but weird.

11 Likes

Thank you. I’m still angry at the world, but this? I take it, and love it.

5 Likes

joined a growing list of Florida GOP chapters calling on Gov. Ron DeSantis to ban the COVID-19 vaccine, which it called a “biological weapon” in a resolution this week

4 Likes