Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 4)

https://archive.ph/c1LLG

4 Likes

“Citing misinformation” is pretty much all those asshats ever do. Actual, factual information would destroy their whole house of cards, and we can’t have that!

14 Likes

Oh, good:

Oh, :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :

2 Likes

I just seriously pissed a grandma off when she brought her grandkid in for a checkup. The child started crying when I came in and she told me they were scared of masks and she wanted me to take it off. I declined, and she got a bit confrontational saying I clearly didn’t worry about scaring kids. I told her that her choice to not wear a mask was a lot more frightening than my choice to wear one. I think she left displeased. Oh well.

9 Likes

https://archive.ph/asxIW

5 Likes

I met a friend today whom I haven’t seen in three years, methinks. Heard their marriage was ending, they moved out, and so I reached out. Turns out their of the partner in went down the rabbit hole and is now not only a certified coach in esoteric stuff, but also is deriding my friend for getting vaccinated as a brainwashed tool.

They have two children.

I could have posted this to the Fuck Today topic, but it is rather a fuck this timeline, and the pandemic in particular.

8 Likes

I have a good friend who is in the same situation: ex-husband is an ivermectin-pushing, anti-vaccs, MAGA asshole. They share custody of a young child. It’s hell for both her and the kid.

8 Likes

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/4389800-hydroxychloroquine-deaths-study

5 Likes
14 Likes

that’s super hard. sorry that you have to deal with that on a day to day basis. especially when sticking to your position means you’re doing the right thing, keeping the rest of your patients safer, and the person you’re dealing isn’t willing to understand the responsibility you have nor the care you’re taking

10 Likes

:cry:

6 Likes

COVID-19 booster yesterday afternoon. This morning I feel like I have flu. Headache, lethargy and sore joints. Blegh. Guess I’ll spend the day writing nonsense on BBS!

12 Likes

My youngest is home with Covid now, we assume contracted at the store she works in. Guess we will see how well this old immune system can hold up to intense exposure

Especially not ideal, considering my wife is recovering from a heart attack, but I guess it will be what it will be
 We are all fully vaccinated, but that is no guarantee.

8 Likes

Don’t forget the air filters. Anything, even box fan + 20"x20" MERV11 + Duck tape.

Our kids had to have theirs beside them at all times when they had COVID.

I wish you as lucky and healthy an outcome as ours was.

13 Likes

Sending out best wishes. It ain’t much, but we all root for your family’s wellbeing. (Including you, of course.)

9 Likes

Sending positive energies your way. FFS!

8 Likes

V poorly written, but info is there.

5 Likes

Wow that could have been summarized in two bullet points.

• heightened anxiety
  • difficulty sleeping
12 Likes

I’ll keep that in mind in future. No, I’m not being petulant. :smiley:

4 Likes

But then where would you put the ads?

4 Likes