Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 4)

9 Likes

My wife and I are still masking up in most indoor settings and are on our 6th or 7th booster shots. Both are a wee bit unusual for Ontario :canada:. That said, the latest updates from the wastewater surveillance here are heading in the correct direction.

8 Likes

Well there you go, just get back to work.

1 Like

Here’s how to get free Paxlovid as many times as you need it

WaPo

https://archive.ph/WKxmf

Thanks to an innovative agreement between the Biden administration and the drug’s manufacturer, Pfizer, Americans can still access the medication free or at very low cost through a program called Paxcess. The problem is that too few people — including pharmacists — are aware of it.

I learned of Paxcess only after readers wrote that pharmacies were charging them hundreds of dollars — or even the full list price — to fill their Paxlovid prescription. This shouldn’t be happening. A representative from Pfizer, which runs the program, explained to me that patients on Medicare and Medicaid or who are uninsured should get free Paxlovid. They need to sign up by going to paxlovid.iassist.com or by calling 877-219-7225. “We wanted to make enrollment as easy and as quick as possible,” the representative said…

The program works a little differently for patients with commercial insurance. Some insurance plans already cover Paxlovid without a co-pay. Anyone who is told there will be a charge should sign up for Paxcess, which would further bring down their co-pay and might even cover the entire cost.

6 Likes

That could easily be crossposted to the The Biden Administration. Document the atrocities - Praise the graces thread.

5 Likes

Certainly a grace worth praising.

6 Likes

Here’s a gift version of that article.

7 Likes

I’m watching that Georgia hearing.

Am the only one that looks for masks around the room?

I saw a couple and find myself thinking “way to go”.

Sometimes I think we’re the only ones wearing masks and then I see other people and it helps.

7 Likes

Barack Obama Yes GIF by Obama

9 Likes

The person wanting decorum sure doesn’t follow her own rules.

It’s not really a hearing, no one asks questions, they just yell at the people they call in and if those people try to respond she tells them to be quiet.

9 Likes

Her thesis advisor.

IMG_2400

10 Likes

And Blutarsky was her tutor.

with GIF

10 Likes

12 Likes

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4478298-supreme-court-turns-away-house-gop-lawmakers-appeal-over-mask-rule-violations/

9 Likes
10 Likes

The adverse cognitive impact was worst with the original (ancestral) virus and the Alpha variant, compared with subsequent Delta and Omicron variants, and there was some protective effect of vaccination.

Extrapolation to Loss of IQ points, compared to uninfected controls:
Mild Covid, Resolved Symptoms: 3 points
Unresolved Symptoms: 6 points
Covid requiring Intensive Care Unit admission: 9 points
Reinfection: Additional 2 points

An accompanying editorial by Ziyad Al-Aly and Clifford Rosen provided important context, citing the US Population Survey with more than 1 million Americans reporting having “serious difficulty” remembering, concentrating, or making decisions than any time in the preceding years.

11 Likes

Tracks with what we are seeing in our kids. And that sucks.

11 Likes

Reminds me of Tromp becoming so muddle headed. He pretended to shrug off his Covid case, but I remember him wheezing at the top of that stairway.

Gasping Donald Trump GIF by GIPHY News

10 Likes

But if he’d lost IQ points, he’d have gone negative…

6 Likes

Well, sucking IQ points from anyone around him would be on par, so…

6 Likes