Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 4)

13 Likes
10 Likes

Wait until the doc tells you about your eyes…

6 Likes

7 Likes

Joel Edgerton Eye GIF by A24

5 Likes

Today, four QAnon antivaxxers were arrested for trespassing at a clinic administering vaccines in central Tokyo. That shit really is global.

8 Likes
7 Likes

Current estimates are that 5% of the population of Ontario :canada: currently has an active COVID-19 infection. :frowning_face: …madness…

13 Likes

Good thing we have gotten rid of mitigation measures, then, ain’t it?

13 Likes

Pandemic.

11 Likes

Oh come ON! SERIOUSLY?

I mentioned it before: my niece (now five) has a liver transplant. Our whole family has liver issues. Morbus Meulengracht (aka Gilbert’s Syndrome) being one of the easier problems.

17 Likes

While the condition may have occurred for a number of reasons, including several viral infections common in children, the cases under investigation have not found the common viruses which usually cause the condition.

This is concerning. The liver is sort of the buffer between the world and the internal workings of the body, and as such is subject to attack form a wide range of viruses, toxins, intrinsic problems and other such. Thing is, we have a pretty extensive list of those things, and if they are not able to classify this, I am taking notice. Why not add another mysterious malady to the shit stew we are currently swimming in? Iraqi proverb: “A drowning man is not afraid of the rain.” That sums me up about now.

16 Likes

I have this, but the issues it caused me was misdiagnosis when I had appendicitis.

12 Likes

27 Likes

The latest data on 2nd boosters:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2201570

Unfortunately the effectivity peaks at four weeks then drops off, so after eight weeks it appears to do very little to prevent infection. Does appear to reduce severe disease in the time period studied though.

5 Likes

I wish that was the point they would keep driving home.

Illness I can survive doesn’t worry me as much as an illness that can kill me so I will get the boosters when they tell me. Although I’m waiting on the second booster until closer to the fall in case there is another big wave. I want the protection as close to my risk as possible. I’ll get it sooner if I see illness in my community rising.

3 Likes
12 Likes

Jesus Christ

13 Likes

I think I have this, but the other way around, like my dirty socks smell like food now

which I guess means the “cold” I had last weekend must have been COVID :confused:

14 Likes

Pseudomonas aeruginosa: Grape-like odor, sweet, fruity, smells like taco chips, tortillas or corn chips to some people.

I have this, and it’s said it is harmless. After “night sweats” my whole body smells like corn chips sometimes.

9 Likes