Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 4)

Well, fuck.

The case was brought on behalf of a legal group known as Health Freedom Defense Fund

How do you say exactly what kind of group you are without explicitly saying it?

12 Likes

Fancy COVID for the elite.

14 Likes

7 Likes

I sincerely hope the two girls in his Twitter avatar are leading him off to a cornfield somewhere…

15 Likes

It’ll probably depress air travel in the short term.

9 Likes

If it goes into effect, I will certainly be a depressed air traveler. But I suspect most of the airlines will stick to their guns. They can implement a mask mandate if they want to whether the CDC mandates it or not.

11 Likes

Im flying to Germany on Saturday. Thankfully Lufthansa can enforce their own policies (and will).

15 Likes

Bad news…

8 Likes

A few US airlines announced Monday that masks are now optional on their aircraft — Delta Air Lines, United Airlines, Southwest Airlines and Alaska Airlines.

“A few”?!? So that leaves basically just American? :man_facepalming:t3: I’m guessing their press agent didn’t make the deadline for the CNN piece… :frowning_face:

11 Likes

I had to take a flight two weekends ago. The flight crew was super on top of masking and making sure people complied. There’s only so much safety you can expect in a pressurized tube with recycled air, but I feel a hell of a lot less safe flying now with COVID still being a thing — despite so many people pretending it’s not.

14 Likes

This person has no business being a judge. The American Bar Association agrees.

16 Likes

I feel really bad for the employees.

11 Likes

I haven’t kept up with the latest mergers and whatnot, but isn’t United still majority owned by its employees? If so, they should have a say in the policy, right?

This seems like it was coming since pols in multiple states revoked emergency powers previously granted to governors.

What might come next is more targeting of people who choose to wear masks when no mandate exists. From the past performance of folks who’ve been shouting about their freedoms since the start of the pandemic, I doubt they’ll respect the freedoms of those who disagree with them. Based on what we’ve seen with security staff trying to deal with anti-maskers, I have little confidence they’ll be much help.
:mask:
Invasion Of The Body Snatchers Someone GIF

13 Likes

When these idiots start dying, and even though they will infect others they will be hit worse, they’re going to look for scapegoats.

ETA: The sentence above may have some verb tense issues…

6 Likes

Running a mink farm is the furthest thing from elite status! You think pig farms smell bad?

Tim Robinson No GIF by The Lonely Island

9 Likes

by “this misery” i’m assuming he means living in florida.

4 Likes

Barely out of law school. Never tried a case as chair or co-chair, spent less than a year at a law firm and a few years in government practice. But, she clerked for some conservative judges, and she helped file a Supreme Court brief arguing in favor of businesses discriminating against LGBTQ customers — and that’s all the qualifications needed get R’s to confirm her. The same R’s who shit all over Ketanji Brown Jackson despite her exemplary qualifications and esteemed record.

And she’s 35, with a lifetime appointment who will likely be deciding cases into the 2070s.

18 Likes

Had to travel by train this Easter. Yesterday, in Düsseldorf’s Hauptbahnhof, most people were wearing masks. However, some did not.
Most visibly, two officers of the police force did not.

Fuck this shit.

Oh, also mask mandates may vary from Bundesland to Bundesland. And supermarkets can choose for themselves in most. Which they usually do by dropping the mandate.

Meanwhile, in the UK:

15 Likes
5 Likes