Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 4)

Saw this bit from Stephen Colbert about the sub-subvariants in New York… :face_with_spiral_eyes:

10 Likes

Jesus wants you to get COVID.

Have you ever jumped out of a plane without a parachute?

15 Likes

My brother lives in Topeka; I’ll check with him to find out whether he knows anything about the situation in Douglas County (just East of Shawnee, which is where Topeka is).

4 Likes

Makes me think of A Very Brady Sequel

This would be annoying pre-Covid.

(I will watch anything with Gary Cole.)

7 Likes

My kid met several friends from around the country in Vegas for a BTS concert last night.

She tells me masks were required at the stadium and her observation says at least 80% were wearing masks.

She’s sight seeing today with a very late flight home. The pictures from her hotel lobby shows most people wearing a mask.

Wandering around Vegas was a mixed bag.

She is working from home so no visits with us for a few days and a negative test.

6 Likes

My daughter won’t be home from college for Easter because she came down with COVID. At least the college is putting her up in a hotel and bringing her meals, and have a full-time COVID coordinator to attend to those in quarantine.

Thankfully she’s vaccinated and boosted but she’s already pretty sick. The college brought around an easter basket filled with candy, Nyquil, a thermometer, and throat drop lollipops.

28 Likes

Oh no… I’m sorry. I hope she gets better soon.

21 Likes

So sorry! I hope she bounces back is is well very soon!

17 Likes

Sorry if repost:

@jwz has some wonderful and terrifying commentary on this:

16 Likes

What is jwz?

6 Likes

Sorry to hear this. Fingers crossed for a quick recovery!

13 Likes

Programmer, curmudgeon, nightclub owner, and very occasional poster here.

11 Likes

given that it is largely American vaccine innovation

Serious Cary Elwes GIF

5 Likes
9 Likes

Yeah, I also have the impression that people are worshipping in-person events.

8 Likes

17 Likes
6 Likes

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

11 Likes
16 Likes

I just had to look up who is behind that fund, which has lawsuits pending against municipalities and educational institutions. The main theme being promoted is that news and statistics about the pandemic have been exaggerated, and attempts to prevent or contain it are violations of their freedom. :weary:

11 Likes