Cooking (not just dinner)

DAMN…that looks near PERFECT! :astonished:

i made enchiladas last night, but now i just want what you are having…drool.
i’ll take the sandwich, the beautiful plate, and the striped cutting board while im at it, but you can keep the tile counter, i hate cleaning grout.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

It’s the worst; been on the “to gut list” list since we bought the house (too many years ago to admit to), though it might be butcher block by the end of next month…

A good cheese enchilada is a wonderous thing.

4 Likes

cheese…if i wasn’t atheist, my religion would be cheese. :slight_smile:

(borrowed this gem from anther thread, i must find this book IRL!)

10 Likes

10 Likes

Amen! :smiley:

7 Likes

I’ve watched way too many cheese making videos lately…

Cheese Making Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7lXgrofbr9hfqn9FxjtqQYL-1uzQIdk2

3 Likes

Needs some salad.

8 Likes

i dunno…how good can that recipe be if you have to remove the bones? bones are the best part of any fruit salad!

6 Likes

I want to try this one, it seems like it could be good. Or horrible. Could go either way. It’s got crunch and mush and salmon and mayonnaise…sweet, savory, there’s something for everyone.

5 Likes

if you do please post back with updates and photos and reactions if at all possible. i’ve had some great savory and interesting banana dishes, so i wouldn’t be too surprised if this one is better then i’m imagining (or worse).

:+1:

2 Likes

Imma need to know what book that came from…

1 Like

seems to be “500 Delicious Salad Recipes”, a 1951 book.

see this blog with the same recipe

2 Likes

YISS! I own all the 100s series!! Woo!

3 Likes

Question: At the store to buy ingredients for @wrecksdart’s First Evar Soda Bread, and I couldn’t find wheat germ. However, I did find wheat bulgur and used it instead (according to @jlw’s recipe). Is that fair? Are those two things exchangeable, recipe-wise?
Also, I baked the bread for 45 minutes, but the middle was still a little wet and it never really did entirely set. Too much buttermilk? Not enough mixing? The fault of the Bulgur?
It’s the fault of the Bulgur. THANKS BULGUR!

3 Likes

I got it off the Twitter feed that was posted above - the 70’s Dinner Party. It’s a riot. There is some seriously confused shit there.

3 Likes

What’s everyone cooking for St. Pats day (assuming your plan isn’t to eat bar food, that is)?

I know “Corned beef and cabbage” is pretty common down USA-way, but as I understand it, that’s more about US Irish immigrants than actual Ireland, so I’ve tended to try for other concoctions.

This year we’re going to try our hand at Soda Bread and Dublin Coddle made with English bangers.

3 Likes

If its from that cookbooks its much earlier than 70s. 50s at least, if not 40s.

1 Like

Possibly Pâté chinois (I know you love it when I mention confusing French Canadian translations for dishes!) or Cottage Pie.

4 Likes

Oh God, it’s in sauce! just look at it!

2 Likes

That was my 2015 take! Colcannon with Guiness beef stew and brussels sprouts:

3 Likes