Cop arrested after admitting he wasn't shot by “Hispanic Man,” but rather shot himself and lied

The fact that he had shell casings saved for just such an incident almost irks me as much as – the suspect had to be a brown guy.

11 Likes

Even if the PD is too chickenshit to fire the guy and charge him with a raft of obstruction-of-justice, perjury, etc. counts; surely this sort of thing will toast his testilying days permanently?

I have to imagine that a public defender’s heart swells with joy when thinking about the most snide way to introduce the fact that Officer Friendly was once shot by an imaginary hispanic in a botched crime-scene forgery attempt too incompetent to cover up an incompetent accidental discharge.

7 Likes

Clearly this was an audition tape he sent in for the re-make & this fumble exactly what he was aiming for.

Things That Frighten Police (updated 11/3/15)

Blinking LEDs
Cameras
Black/Brown adults and children
Direct eye contact
Breasts
Lyft
Peaceful protests
Halloween
Lesbians
Imaginary Black/Brown people
Puppies

17 Likes

Somebody want to drop this into a GDocs sheet?

You forgot family pets

5 Likes

He “fought” the “law” and the “law” won!

I can’t stop laughing!

4 Likes

I love the Frogman! He’s awesome… and his little dog, too!

2 Likes

Well, now, there’s no evidence that the cop is racist. He just knows that other people are racist, and more likely to buy a story where a brown person is randomly shooting cops.

Not that that’s much of a defense, mind.

2 Likes

The cop might not be a racist. He could just be a psychopath.

7 Likes

Also reptiles:
Cop shoots aggressive tortoise - boing - Boing Boing BBS

1 Like

Ok but buying into the concept that others will take “brown person” as justification and then acting on it is racism, no?

2 Likes

It actually might be worse than racism. I mean, every human on planet Earth at least has some internalized ambient racism in their outlook due simply to be raised among a species that artifices races (yeah, race is man-made and has no biological basis). But deliberately exploiting that bias for personal advancement? That’s some shady shit.

10 Likes

Enh, I’d say it’s more cynically and self-servingly exploiting other people’s racism. Which, as GulliverFoyle says, is at least as bad. I mean, is someone who thinks it’s okay to exploit brown people really any worse than someone who thinks it’s okay to exploit everyone?

he has red eyes.

possessed by a Demon? call the exorcist!

Why? The police should at least try to rebuild trust.

Excellent questions. Maybe taking part in a shoot-out is some kind of award in gun-friendly police departments?

5 Likes

But not as intelligent.

1 Like

This can’t be repeated enough.

Recent research has shown that all the pedigree breeds of dogs - with all their variety of size, shape and color - are less genetically diverse than the population of “village dogs” around the world, which all look more or less the same. The relevance to human beings should be obvious, since the total variation of shape and color in the current human population is less than that of pedigree dogs.

Yet even the worst racist doesn’t write papers claiming that white cockapoos are racially and intellectually superior to brown ones, or that it is the manifest destiny of poodles to exterminate all other dog breeds in the interests of canine Lebensraum.

6 Likes

The human counterpart of this is that the vast majority of human genetic diversity (80 or 90% IIRC) is within Saharan African ‘black’ populations.

2 Likes

the poodle has a size of 63 cm! it’s not a pedigree dog according to FCI standards! it must not used for breeding!

not sure if dog breeders are a good example for your very important point

It’s more of a linear scale the way I understand it.
From Wikipedia (Distribution of variation)

Although modern Eurasians have small amounts of Neanderthal DNA, which sub-Saharan Africans do not.
So perhaps it’s some sort of literal Neanderthal rage that drives people like this.