Cop arrested on felony warrant has uniform cut off with scissors

OK, well, not sure we should applaud that. If the dude was up on some other charge and forced to sit for 6 weeks, then it would be a miscarriage of justice.

But keep him locked up. Just deny bail. He’s a violent domestic offender (allegedly) and retribution against the victim is reasonably likely.

Also, I’d love to see more cops treated like this when they cross the line. Hammer into them they aren’t above the law.

6 Likes

If cops universally acted this way when their fellow officers do horrible or illegal shit I might have more respect for them or any respect for them because I currently don’t

8 Likes

Now, if cops did this with all their members who committed felonies, they’d deserve a little more respect. Unfortunately, what makes this incident news is that it’s so rare to see cops hold their fellows responsible, even for rapes and murder.

5 Likes

Yes, this stuff is so rare, that my immediate thought was “I wonder if he’s a whistleblower of some sort” because those are the only police officers that get arrested.

4 Likes

While I defo applaud his fellow officers taking action against a bad apple, I notice they treated him with far more respect and less violence than other suspects are given. And the preponderance of defaced US flags shows the bushel is not yet free of rottenness.

3 Likes

Maybe the girlfriend has connections? Family members who are cops?

Pretty sad that I think that is a likely scenario rather that just because of what he did.

1 Like

Mostly agree - At the risk of this being an unpopular opinion, police should be allowed the same due-process as anyone else. Being arrested on charges is not the same as being found guilty. There’s got to be a better middle ground between the “thin blue line” and immediate defrocking. That said, after a guilty charge and being sent to the slammer, I am all for a full defrocking ceremony with Pomp and Circumstance!

And yes I do understand that privilege is not extended to the general population. This is just an “In aacmckay’s ideal world” thought.

My thinking… Since the girlfriend is in the hospital that brings a whole other set of rules and procedures into play that may be outside of the cop’s control. If the girlfriend never made it to the hospital, the cops could have had an easier time burying it.

Yeah, sad that anytime a cop is arrested we immediately wonder why the system worked this time. (Wondering if the cop being arrested is also somewhat surprised? “Went too far this time…”)

6 Likes

Tangent: What were 19th century military sabres made of that they could be broken over a knee? Pig iron?

2 Likes

I believe the sabre was filed almost through in advance. Insignia and buttons were resewn with just a couple of threads so they could be torn off by even the most geriatric and arthritic senior officer.

Despite some comedies I have seen, I don’t believe it was the practice to rip off the disgraced soldier’s mustache. :grin:

7 Likes

I guess if you’re going to make a broadway production out of it, it makes sense to put the property master to work.

3 Likes

if you have a subscription:

It’s in the public domain, but my dropbox is getting full.

4 Likes

Perhaps not, but here we have a domestic abuser (allegedly) being put in the same precarious position he and his buddies have been putting non-violent offenders. He made his petri dish and now he must lie in it. So while I certainly don’t applaud the infectious time bomb that are US jails and prisons, I do applaud the judge for not letting one of the people who put people in there getting bailed out or jumped to the front of the line by essentially admitting that the place he and his buddies put non-cops is unsafe.

2 Likes

name-patch

fried-pickles

7 Likes

Branded.

It was. I wasn’t there though. I don’t care how old my niece thinks I am.

1 Like

I didn’t watch the entire video, but is it possible they were “defrocking” him so that the other inmates wouldn’t recognize him as a cop?

2 Likes

So maybe I missed something, but is the shirt cutting intentionally symbolic?

Because I’m wondering why they didn’t have him just take it and the bulletproof vest off before handcuffing him.

2 Likes

Right idea, bad choice though.

1 Like

See comments above. I was not equating the two cases.

1 Like