Cop drives black man to interview after pull over

hell froze over a few days ago:

Ka’Shawn Baldwin was pulled over on Wednesday in Cahokia, Illinois, for allegedly having expired plates. He was also driving with a suspended driver’s license. The 22-year-old told CNN he had borrowed the car… Baldwin told the officer that he was on his way to a job interview and didn’t have any other way to get there.

Instead of giving a ticket, Roger Gemoules, a resource officer for Cahokia High School, gave Baldwin a ride to the interview.

I tell you, hell froze over, have a look…

makes me happy to see that there a still good people out there in trumpania-world. good job, officer Gemoules.

14 Likes

I wonder if he’d still gotten that ride if he said no PR photos

Eh, I’ll take it.

2 Likes

Then it’s another kind of PR:

“Brave officer stopped road rage incident. Suspect killed.”

1 Like

Suspended license, no car… how will he be getting to work on time in future ? :thinking:

Next week, Officer fired for misappropriation of department vehicles.

Something similar happened to me once on my way to an interview, but I was walking because I’d missed my bus.

I had to walk through a tunnel, and someone called the cops (because I’m Black, I can only assume.)

The tiny, White, blonde female LEO who stopped me actually listened to me, then gave me a ride to my interview so I wouldn’t be late; she even dropped me off a block away, so I wouldn’t be seen getting out of a police vehicle. I got the job.

Where there’s a will, there’s a way.

You’re just a big ol’ ray of sunshine there, ain’t ya?

11 Likes

Hope for the best expect the worst.

Pssst!

That first part, there?

Wrong

Always nice to see some good news.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.