Cop punches young woman in the head for underage drinking on the beach

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/05/28/cop-punches-young-woman-in-the.html

2 Likes

I have an idea, let’s fire all the cops and hire gang members to take their place. I am sure the result would be less dangerous for most citizens in most circumstances.

33 Likes

Sounds more like punched in head for refusing to give name. (The alcohol was sealed?) Not the first cop violence for ID-withholding this week, I seem to recall.

23 Likes

two counts of aggravated assault on police

You know, when she headbutted his fists.

42 Likes

As opposed to the totally unaggravated assault by the cops.

5 Likes

I think we should be glad no one was shot.

14 Likes

Our country’s founding fathers overthrew their government over a tea tax. They’d be ashamed of us for tolerating this fascist bullshit.

37 Likes

Cops already are gang members; the biggest, best armed, most violent gang in the nation.

23 Likes

Blue is a gang color, and that’s no joke.

14 Likes

He “didn’t take kindly” to her hitting and spitting on him which was reported but you choose to ignore. I’m no fan of the latest cop tropes but you’re purposely stirring the pot.

4 Likes

I was somewhat nauseated by the “helpful” bystanders who spent the whole time joining with the cops in shouting “stop resisting” and “stand back”.

8 Likes

Yeah, anyone with the courage to fight back deserves to have their face stomped into the ground. Good logic there. /s

That’s how we wound up in this bloody mess.

I do understand being afraid of an armed gang member with legal immunity, but siding with the police gang member is being an accomplice to the brutality. Nauseating is the right word.

25 Likes

We should, of course, always uncritically accept the police’s own description of these events. At no time in the past have they ever been found to be unreliable witnesses.

27 Likes

Well, yes, but isn’t that setting the bar awfully low?

4 Likes

That was kind of my point.

6 Likes

The biggest crime, here, is that this video was recorded in portrait mode.

8 Likes

Almost. It was about a tea tax that they had no say in.

Here, we have a say in how our police are trained and run. VOTE!

3 Likes

So which of the pro-authoritarian pro-white supremacy parties should they vote for?

Addendum: I just stumbled across this while searching for the link above. Holy fuck, that’s sad/pathetic/evil.

22 Likes

In case the “why” of that sad/pathetic/evil needs spelling out, see this tweet:

23 Likes

I think we should be sad that we should be glad that no one got shot.

12 Likes