Cops fired and charged after beating animals to death

That’s not an idiot, it’s completely deliberate. Current system needs people exactly like these officers to act as enforcers. People who do this kind of shit to animals will not have any problems doing it to other people, especially to people of ethnicity which they were indoctrinated to hate and treat as lesser. The cruelty is the point here.

5 Likes

I’m thinking a fitting punishment is a shock collar around their neck, delivering a taser-level charge randomly 8-10 times per day, for 10 years, while incarcerated.

1 Like

When I was living in Brisbane Australia back n the early 70s, we had echidnas wandering through our property all of the time. Even full grown they are far sweeter and cuter than that drunken alcoholic koala.
If’n ya didn’t know, Frank Zappa has an instrumental tune called ‘Echidna’s Arf (Of You).
Be well!

1 Like

Dude - what did a porcupine ever do to this guy??? Jesus Christ.

3 Likes

Agree 100%, but slight correction. It was “these guys.” There were 2 of them. And another filming. Of course. :frowning:

3 Likes

Weird looking and hugely adorable.

It’s like HP Lovecraft and Hello Kitty has a baby!

1 Like

There’s a story that definitely needs to be told here.

3 Likes

The koala tends to live in the upper limbs of the local eucalyptus. The leaves of the tree up there are fermented. When not loaded to the gills, koalas tend to the incredibly grumpy.
Though not likely to attack, they have huge ass claws to climb those trees.
How’s that for being off topic?

2 Likes

No wonder you don’t see them flying very much anymore, what with the stricter air regulations these days. Only water for this distinguished gentleman.

5 Likes

And their body cams weren’t functioning correctly either…

1 Like

And yet if I were to beat a cop to death I would probably suffer worse consequences than just losing my job.

2 Likes

Wonderful and descriptive. I am picturing angry drunk koalas right now. Also feeling lucky the groundhogs by me don’t have as easy access to alcohol.

2 Likes

Find me an anti-racism activist who does some animal welfare work on the side, and I’ll happily exempt them from my side-eye.

Keep in mind the context that post was made in:

https://twitter.com/gloomipede/status/1314363268316696583?s=21

“Even more shocking”.

https://twitter.com/freeyourmindkid/status/1206937838597627905?s=21

There is a long and constant history of (a) white Americans demonstrating far more concern for the mistreatment of animals than the mistreatment of Black people, and (b) animal rights campaigners being horrendously racist.

In the thread that I linked earlier, how far down the comments do you have to go before you find one expressing concern for the dog while completely failing to mention the Black man?

OTOH, this is not a thing that is unique to America.

Which, of course, is not an argument that the defence of animals is intrinsically racist. But the failure to defend non-white humans absolutely is.

5 Likes

Speaking of groundhogs, another name for them is “whistle pigs.” Which I’ve always found hilarious. And apt, if you’ve ever heard them call to each other.
And while reading about historical bounties on porcupine prompted by another post in this thread I found they were called “quill pigs.”
Maybe koalas are just drunken eucalytapigs? :grinning:

2 Likes

Well, Pigs is pigs, after all.

I remember hearing somewhere that porcupines are particularly easy to kill- a ‘‘sharp blow on the nose with a stick’’ is apparently enough, and of course they move relatively slowly. For this reason, historically they were protected in some places specifically as an emergency food source for people lost in the woods.

Australia: land of adorable critters with cute as hell names who will all try to fuck you up

1 Like

Nah, porcupine quills under the fingernails. What makes them so nasty to predators is the surface of each quill has microscopic scales that make them very, very easy to insert, but very, very difficult to remove the way they went in…

I think that’s part of the police reform they’re working on. I understand many officers, after being fired, simply go a couple of counties over and start over again. It’s shameful that there’s never been a national registry for dirty cops. Their Unions truly do make them “above the law”.

6 Likes