Cops search dying man's hospital room for weed

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/08/cops-search-dying-mans-hospi.html

5 Likes

It’s going to drive him wild with Reefer Madness! Who knows what might happen!

14 Likes

I hope this haunts these officers for years.

24 Likes

I don’t see the names of the officers doing this anywhere. I think the names of individual government employees who are abusing their authority are always newsworthy.

19 Likes

That concerned citizen is an asshole.

36 Likes

This is particularly stupid considering MO is legalizing medical marijuana this summer.

13 Likes

put that criminal away for life!

2 Likes

Huh? MO has Medical cannabis.

I had a harley riding grandma from work tell me about how she got pulled over bringing pot brownies to her brother in MO who had stage 4 pancreatic cancer. That was like 6 weeks back?

8 Likes

Yeah, I thought that too. Has it maybe not kicked in? Still, even if it hasn’t kicked in, WTF? It will shortly.

2 Likes

It passed, but I don’t think it’s taken effect yet.

3 Likes

Someone miss spelled asshole in that article. I mean sure concerned citizen and asshole are pretty close, still an editor would catch a rookie mistake like that.

19 Likes

Lol. Step Brother’s playing on the TV. “Boats and Hoes!”

Jesus, why not just shoot him.

5 Likes

Missouri or missery, you pick.

7 Likes

We’ll be lucky if it haunts them for days.

3 Likes

I’ve always thought they should change their official slogan to “Missouri Loves Company!”

14 Likes

We can die for our country but our country won’t respect a citizen’s wishes on how to die. I’ve always found that hypocritical, its truly an abomination how these officers are treating this gentleman but the bigger problem is how the law is set up. It needs to be in the law that we need to respect this man’s last wishes, he’s clearly not hurting anyone.

6 Likes

The world would be a much better place if there was a medical cure for that, wouldn’t it?

7 Likes

“Someone miss spelled asshole in that article.”

Someone misspelled “misspelled” in your post.

2 Likes

If cops have the discretion to shoot you dead based on a nebulous hunch, then they have the fucking discretion to not hassle dying patients for weed possession. So there.

Being polite for the video does not excuse it. The fact that some asshole citizen called it in doesn’t excuse it. If you are a cop, you decide whether that requires you to act like a bad guy.

11 Likes