Cornhole score leads to cornpone scrap

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/05/10/cornhole-score-leads-to-cornpo.html

5 Likes

Every time I see one these brawl videos I imagine the participants in ape suits. It helps.

5 Likes

I think I heard about someone playing cornhole without a beer in their hand once, but chalked it up to an urban legend.

12 Likes

Well they are wearing primate suits. Me, I give apes more credit.

6 Likes

Maybe I’m just sleep-deprived and loopy, but I don’t get the title at all. Can someone explain “cornpone”?

2 Likes

“cornpone scrap” a Civil War reference?.

"Whether or not cornpone was created during the War Between the States remains contested. There is proof positive—by the number of mentions of it in Civil War histories—however, that cornpone was a staple of armies on both sides. “The soldiers made due with cornmeal, water and grease from bacon or salt pork to make a thick batter, which they fried in a pan over a campfire,” says Bill Savage, owner of Pungo Creek Mills on the Eastern Shore, which produces heritage cornmeal, and a Civil War re-enactor who has eaten a fair amount of both cornpone and cornbread. According to food historian Patricia Mitchell, Chatham resident and author of Confederate Camp Cooking, it’s not either-or when it comes to cornbread and cornpone: “Usually, breads called ‘pones’ are also of the simpler ingredients—cornmeal, water, perhaps salt—although some cooks get very creative with the ingredients they put in their cornmeal breadsticks while still calling them ‘pones.’” -VirginiaLiving

7 Likes

It’s a type of cornbread. I’ve seen it used in a sentence thusly:

Well, butter my ass and call it cornpone!

5 Likes

This is how the orgy in Vegas should start; with a game of cornhole.

ETA The announcer is excellent.

9 Likes

Police not called: meaning, no dark-skinned folks involved. Also, having been to and lived near Douglas County, this is just a normal Tuesday.

8 Likes

ab34ce073312616e7fe09313edcb20b8

4 Likes

15 Likes
  1. I see Rob reads Fark.

2. “Alcohol and beanbags do not mix.” That isn’t true. It’s assholes and alcohol that doesn’t mix.

4 Likes

Keep it classy, Georgia.

6 Likes

It’s a damn shame no one was arrested, there needs to be consequences for throwing fists in anger in public.

2 Likes
6 Likes

Description and video do not match expectations, am disappoint! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Anything called cornhole, I don’t wanna play.

9 Likes

man-beard-holds-corn-cob-260nw-736078420

7 Likes

Foxhall Faux-hall Resort

2 Likes

5 Likes