Cory Booker announces he's running for President

I hear you
that’s *why a bunch of us
North East Liberal Elitists
are a bit PO’d @ Elizabeth!

It’s six year terms in the senate.

Generally, given that he’s in the minority party and Mitch McConnell runs the senate, there is a strong argument that he serves his constituents better with the increased profile of even a losing presidential campaign.

4 Likes

*CORRECTION
“MITCH MAC RUNS THE WORLD”
He’s the Man Behind the Curtain.
pulling the strings…
and making Dim-Don think
He’s In Charge.

1 Like

would that foreigners could. Then you could have @beschizza for Prez, and he’d nationalise healthcare and mandate that all schools use Amigas for IT classes.
(I’d vote for that)

4 Likes

All the paper money would be updated to have eye-mouths. (Has my vote!)

9 Likes

Oooooh, yes! Ol’ Lady Liberty would need resculpting also!
(@beschizza, you need to work on your campaign iconography ASAP)

4 Likes

I only clicked the “like” button because BBS doesn’t have an “ew” button :wink:

5 Likes

That would be a good addition to the BBS provided it said “ew” out loud when you clicked it. …or maybe ■■■■■.

1 Like

So he’s perfect aside from that one vote?

He’s a corporate democrat with nice rhetoric, not so different from Harris. If that’s not a problem for you, maybe the criticism looks like nitpicking.

I’m saving my support for a progressive.

2 Likes

I remember this from 2008. Thought I’d imagined it.

1 Like

Vote for Cory Doctorow and you’re voting for America 2.0, an America with neoliberal website authors who will remove the Constitution’s copyright and add a moderated comment section to a DRM-free First Amendment so the only free speech you’ll have will be forced applause during your mandatory attendance at steampunk makerfaires where Vice President Beschizza and Simone Giertz open empty safes with marijuana-smoking cyborgs from Boston Robotics!

3 Likes

Ask and ye shall receive. I hereby claim the job of defender of the realm’s coinage!

13 Likes

You are now a better secretary of the treasury than Mnuchin. Thank you for your service.

10 Likes

Yah! Another corpo-center-right “Democrat” to get behind!

2025 can’t get here soon enough (AOC turns 35)

2 Likes

I don’t think you’d have to force applause to that. It sounds even better than taco trucks on every corner!

1 Like

Honest question: when you say you like Booker, do you mean him as a person or his politics? Because I don’t like either of theirs politics, but that doesn’t necessarily translate into any personal animus.

And to echo others, I’l vote for any functioning adult Dem nominee in the general.

5 Likes

He seems to think that promoting “love” is better than promoting actual policies, like, you know, some way out of wage stagnation, monopoly/monopsony, crushing college debt, underemployment, etc.

That’s a good way to get Wall Street backing. Not such a good way to preside.

3 Likes

I like them both as democratic nominees. I think either can stand toe to toe with Nostradumbass and kick his proverbial ass.

I also like their politics overall. While they are not perfect for what I want I am not a perfectionist. I expect flaws and am willing to find the compromises to guarantee a win.

Eye on the prize. Move the goal post. Get him out. Get a more moderate and preferably left leaning person in.

2 Likes

Running for two seats happens all the time, including when one is presidency.

President Doctorow will move the capital to Orlando, and declare himself king of the new Magic Kingdom.

1 Like