Costco followed cake instructions a little too literally — check out the amusing result

Originally published at: Costco followed cake instructions a little too literally — check out the amusing result | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Well, the pick-up date was April 1st… :woman_shrugging:t2:

:wink:

12 Likes

how is this a cake fail. i mean, you still get cake…

16 Likes

Seems like the problem wasn’t that they were too literal, but that they completely ignored the written instructions in favor of the picture… I wonder if that was on purpose.

Reminds me of one of my favorite running jokes on Bojack Horseman.

12 Likes

I don’t see that at all—they followed the written instructions to the letter, to draw the decoration of a cake with no decoration.

It’s been years since I visited it but back in the simpler lolcat days this used to be one of my favorite sites: https://www.cakewrecks.com/

6 Likes

You don’t necessarily need to visit cakewrecks, we have a thread for that!

4 Likes

reminds me of the cake where they wanted an edible printed photograph on top of it so they supplied a USB drive with the order, and they cake they got had a hand-drawn in icing artist’s interpretation of the USB drive

6 Likes

I’m going with the white piping on the edges was already there and they weren’t going to scape it off. Do they even have instore bakeries ?

4 Likes

Y’see, where they went wrong was using the word “perimeter”. Surly wage-slaves will ignore instructions they don’t understand. “Edges” might have had a better chance.

This looks like a positive thing to me. Are American peons reaching the levels of incalcitrance of British ones?

All of our nearest Costcos have in-store bakeries. SE Michigan for reference.

2 Likes

I don’t know about you but I had a ball at Diane’s 35th birthday and underline ball I don’t know why this is so hard.

2 Likes

Yeah – they even copied the bad perspective correctly!

3 Likes

Pretty sure a lot of these are due to the fact that the staff might have limited English proficiency, especially in writing. I was always explaining orders to our cake decorator when I worked in the bakery, she understood spoken English much better than written.

1 Like

[Mitch Hedberg voice] “…Sorry for the convenience”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.