Councilman Kirby Delauter thinks journalists can't use his name without permission

3 Likes

Biiiiiiii-lyyyyyyyyy Shreeeeeeeeveā€¦

What would you do if I sang out of tune, would you stand up and walk out on me?

5 Likes

I get in friendly arguments with my dad over whether Maryland is in the South. I point out that its border with PA is the Mason-Dixon Line (and that weā€™re south of it). George Wallace was shot while campaigning in Laurel, which is north of where I live (granted, I didnā€™t move here until 30 years after the event). He says (as someone who was raised in TN), ā€œsure, but itā€™s not the southā€.

So Iā€™m not too surprised when I see a Confederate battle flag in MD. Itā€™s infrequent, but Iā€™ve seen them.

(Dad has a similar argument with a friend from Louisville who insists that Kentucky (or at least Lousiville) is part of the Midwest, not the South.)

1 Like

Kirby Delauter, that name will always make me think of him. And Kirby. And Die Fledermaus.

4 Likes

Was yours like my friends camp, where they scared the ever living shit out of his young self by staging a camp invasion by ā€œnaziā€™sā€ once a week all summer?

I ask, because that was an absurd thing that happened at my friends camp. I doubt many did so. But maybe, just maybe, You were told by the councellors of the Jewish Camp that there were rallies there to scare you into feeling more like, well, like an oppressed minority.

It really is just a question. Please educate me if any part of my approach offends.

They went full Beetlejuice?

Donā€™t they know you never go full Beetlejuice?

Kirby Delauter
Kirby Delauter
Kirby Delauter

2 Likes

I said Kirby Delauter five times last night while looking in the bathroom mirrror, then turned the lights out.

I donā€™t recommend it.

10 Likes

Nope. No fake invasions.

I am curious where the belief that some minorities need to gin up oppression to feel oppressed comes from. Is this a thing?

As a Jew, I donā€™t feel oppressed in my daily life. Yet have felt subtle and not so subtle discrimination and bigotry. Is it your experience that minorities gin up feelings of victimhood in order to justify social change? That is a very Fox news approach to social change.

(edited to add link)

1 Like

Take the first letter of each paragraph and put them together. What does it spell? Kirby Delauter!

1 Like

Twenty years from now when he gets elected governor because of his incredible name recognition, it wonā€™t seem as amusing.
Just fiendishly clever.

3 Likes

Google news is currently showing a tally of 259 articles when searching for Kirby Delauter. Yesterday when BB posted this story, it was at 79.

So yeah this guy is probably looking for condiments to go with that foot heā€™s eating.

4 Likes

Kirby Delauter: Proud defender of what he imagines the First Amendment to be.

1 Like

I should have just posted a link to the onionā€¦ they already covered thisā€¦

3 Likes

A city council member where I live fell asleep during a council meeting. Someone in the public gallery reached over to tap him on the shoulder and suggest he wake up and pay attention. No one would have heard about it if the council member hadnā€™t raised a stink and suggested either a protective plexiglass wall in front of the public gallery or keeping the public out of council meetings.

I propose that all such incidents be credited to the Kirby Delauter School of Political Strategy.

2 Likes

Iā€™d like to thank Kirby Delauter for his service. Without asshats like him, there would be no popehat

Also note that the story on Kirby Delauter spells ā€œKirby Delauterā€ with the first letter of each paragraph.

2 Likes

tl;dr: Kirby Delauter.

1 Like

Hey, Rocky, watch me pull a lawsuit out of my hat!

8 Likes

I grew up in Delaware, east of the Mason-Dixon line. Delaware was a border state. According to Wikipedia, the US government imposed martial law in Maryland to prevent them from seceding and joining the Confederacy.

There are folks who think that parts of Pennsyltucky are more like Ohio than like the South, particularly Louisville, which is a lot closer to Cincinnati than it is to Nashville or Memphis.

Again?!

2 Likes