Country Music Association rejects the Confederate flag

Originally published at: Country Music Association rejects the Confederate flag | Boing Boing

21 Likes

But… how will Southerners celebrate the 4 year period of their heritage where they decided not to be Americans anymore and treasonously fired on US service members because they wanted to own other humans?

63 Likes

Good, though presumably it’s Confederate Battle Flag, as most racists are too ignorant of history to know what the national flag of their slaver history looks like.

25 Likes

Wow. Color me pleasently surprised.

Now we can watch the bigots claim country music has gone “woke”.

I wonder if any of the big names will push back. I don’t know modern country music. Is there a Kid Rock of country music?

18 Likes

The challenge will be neighborhood flags now.

But it’s a good start.

9 Likes

There have been country singers who protested banning the confederate flag before, though I care so little about country music I honestly can’t remember who.

6 Likes

If you read the post, you will learn that NASCAR banned them in 2020. Neighborhood flags are likely impossible, unless you live with an HOA.

7 Likes

Yep. Hell, you can buy confederate battle flag boogie boards and floats pretty much any where in the South. Water parks and such should follow the lead.

8 Likes

These are also the same people who cry out if a US flag is used in artwork they consider un-American, but will gleefully wear garments made from the flag, or in its image.

15 Likes

Oh how I wish it was that restricted. There are entirely too many (i.e, more than zero) houses and vehicles here in the SE Wisconsin / N Illinois area that have confederate flags displayed or on bumper stickers.

16 Likes

Rebels Without an Opry?

10 Likes

Faith Hill has previously come out in protest of the confederate flag

21 Likes

Charlie Daniels is going to lose what’s left of his fiddle-loving mind and I can’t wait to see how this plays on Fox. I’m happy for the step forward in basic decency. But I’m feeling mean enough that I’m even happier about the apoplexy this will bring on among the “America first but I love my traitor flag” crowd.

9 Likes

This falls into the “I’ll believe it when I see it” category.

Empty words by organizations and venues worried about sponsors.

4 Likes

That’d be a helluva show, considering ol Charlie has been dead since 2020. :skull:

17 Likes

There have been polls, re: Another Civil War in the U.S., and not surprisingly, one side of the political spectrum sees it as more inevitable than the other.
If such a horrendous event comes to pass, the Confederate Battle Flag lovers are painting big, fat, bullseyes on themselves, & don’t seem to realize it. Same with the Red Hats.
Too bad for them.

4 Likes

I somehow missed that news! Or maybe I just assumed he was in a fiddle contest in hell.

9 Likes

24 Likes

Western next?

8 Likes

There ya go. Finally! Ya whoop!

8 Likes