Court records show Trump was on calls with aides to kill stories of alleged sex affairs before 2016 election

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/18/court-records-show-trump-was-o.html

7 Likes

Now all we need is a Speaker who isn’t a feckless pile of shit.

15 Likes

Even if he hadn’t killed the stories he still would have been elected based on what we know about his base and his party today.

Time and money wasted el dumbass.

21 Likes

If only he had realized then how little his base and cohorts would care about his sex scandals, he could have saved himself some time and money. Hah.

11 Likes

I eagerly await the same calamitous consequences for him that he’s experienced for his other scandals and instances of wrongdoing.

13 Likes

24 Likes

And following this disclosure on Page 7, his approval rating jumps higher.

4 Likes

WE GOT HI…oh wait, never mind, no one seems to give a shit.

22 Likes

Has there been any mention of what the DoJ wanted to remain redacted (and the judge said “nope”)? Was this for their boss’s benefit, or some other ongoing effort?

Did I miss something? Page 7 was just details about search warrants.

2 Likes

I think he meant page 7 of the newspapers it will be reported in. At least that’s how I read it.

7 Likes

…literally anything at all. But now he fully gets how little the rules that applied to other Presidents apply to him, and that scares the hell out of me.

12 Likes

No, what you need is for the Senate Republicans to have any sense of shame and willingness to stop covering Cheeto Benito.

12 Likes

To the bitter end, he’s their guy. If they don’t back him, they aren’t winning.

4 Likes

What we need is to vote out all Senate Republicans.

11 Likes

On the other hand, its finally proof that he actually paid a contractor for something…

27 Likes

That’s even better, yeah. But also not likely to happen anytime soon, alas.

2 Likes

I admit, I laughed.

4 Likes

Isn’t that an interesting question now?

1 Like

When they are this bad today, I wonder how far they will go if he loses re-election to a progressive like Bernie or Warren? I don’t THINK that enough of them would go along with a post-election “I refuse to leave office because the election was rigged against me, I REALLY WON!” coup, but I feel that some of the would.

10 Likes

vIKMoye---Imgur

5 Likes