COVID-19 isolation activities

Build your own gym out of logs.

2 Likes

meanwhile in a vegas speakeasy bathroom

laundry room is closed i yanked this from yelp

6 Likes

Go Faster Stripe LIVE

Here’s the first of a series on our shows to keep you entertained in these crazy times. You are only allowed to watch if you are staying at home.

In 2006, Miles Jupp decided to jack it all in and embarked on a trip to India in an attempt to become a cricket journalist. All he had to do, he thought, was blag his way into the English press corps and look like he knew what he doing.

In 2010, Miles told the story of that (mis)adventure in a show at the Edinburgh Festival, which received over twenty 4 star reviews. Two UK tours of the show followed, finishing up in London’s West End. The book of the story was nominated for The William Hill Sports Book Of The Year.

In 2014, Miles (who likes to think things over for a bit) suddenly decided that he wanted to record the show, so he dusted it off and headed to The Torch Theatre in Milford Haven and performed the show all over again in front of some cameras, some microphones and a very nice audience of predominantly Welsh people.

And now, in 2020, we are all locked down and unable to leave the house, so here’s that show for you our captive audience.

2 Likes

Thanks. I love Jupp. FWIW, he was on the first episode of the new series of Have I Got News For You last week, which was done using video conferencing and so is rather strange. It should be findable on the youtube.

2 Likes

He’s doing a good job in Plum House.

1 Like

5 Likes

DamagedJoyfulIbadanmalimbe-small

My initials are TJB. I wish I hadn’t played.

10 Likes

1_B7rI6T3q0MtAG6ItgP05wQ

6 Likes

Saw this on cory’s blog and thought how lucky we are to have the tech that enables us to do things like this.

https://pluralistic.net/2020/04/09/all-hail-morlocks/#movie-night

16 Likes

How was your beer?

4 Likes

20 Likes

Alas it’s still in my to-do list. I selfishly used the sunny weather to take care of my garden first. I’ll check back in though with my progress!

4 Likes

If you can’t do any sightseeing while on lockdown, why not let someone else do it for you:
Here’s a couple of European cities to get you started:

Edinburgh

And Budapest:

3 Likes

Hell, I use to bring spiced rum sloshing around in a Bottle of Pure Leaf ice tea into the Magic Kingdom and spike the Dole Pinaple Whip they sell in Adventureland. They don’t sell alchohol there, except in the castle restaurant, and I’ll be dammed if I’m going to make a reservation 6 months ahead of time. Even the Jules Vern was only 4 months for a res.

I’m totally making Piña Coladas today!

1 Like
6 Likes
1 Like

Free Asterix Magazine. Unfortunately, for English-speaking friends, the three editions of this magazine are only available in French, German, Dutch and Portuguese.

https://www.asterix.com/gratuit-le-magazine-asterix-a-telecharger/

5 Likes

Learn some knife skills!

(We’ll discuss sharpening in another thread.)

2 Likes

15 Likes

OTOH:

5 Likes