Cracker Barrel holds anti-LGBTQ cop more accountable than Knox County

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/20/cracker-barrel-holds-anti-lgbt.html

9 Likes

#dontreadthecomments

#altrightwouldpissonachildsbirthdaycaketoownthelibs

19 Likes

32 Likes

I dunno… have you been to Cracker Barrel? Maybe they should let them in. I bet they could induce one or two coronaries with the right menu…

6 Likes

But that’s what Waffle House is for…them and their eggs fried in oil. Gah!

4 Likes

17 Likes

I mean, the first three are all super insecure pleading about how “I’m the only god, all the other gods are jerks”

10 Likes

Moses%2C%20Ten%20Commandments%20-%20History%20of%20the%20World%20Part%201%2C%20Mel%20Brooks%20%5Boptimized%5D

24 Likes

When you’ve lost the moral high ground to Cracker Barrel in being the voice of inclusiveness you should seriously rethink your life.

30 Likes

Wait for the Thug-Right to point out that the Cracker Barrel was founded in Lebanon.

8 Likes

Knox County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kimberly Glenn said Spangler’s acceptance of Fritts’ buyout had nothing to do with the sermon and ensuing controversy.

Yeah, I’ll bet.

10 Likes

Welp. End times ladies and gents. Today i said to myself “Alight! Way to go cracker barrel”

Cats and dogs, living together, mass hysteria…

14 Likes

Cracker Barrel has changed. The one close to me, in a Kansas City suburb, has an openly gender non-conforming server.

14 Likes

I lived in Knoxville, teaching at the University of Tennessee. This minister/cop’s rant totally checks out.

6 Likes

I’m sure the county is fine with his advocacy of murdering gays, so long as he applies it without prejudice and murders a diverse assortment of citizens.

2 Likes

I said “Love thy neighbor as thyself”

I think most of the ISMs start with self-loathing.

1 Like

Indeed I remember around 1991 or so they were on the do-not-go list because they had a policy of firing gay people.

That’s “Leb’nin.” Not far from “Mur-fiss-burra.”

2 Likes

slacking in Knoxville was pretty good. cheap rent, decent rock scene, decent skate scene, Vic & Bills was always open-- right in the Fort.
But these were the people that were running things.
Had to nope out of there eventually.

2 Likes

Yeah, I remember reading The Lame Monkey Manifesto from afar (Austin). Made me wonder if there was more to Knoxville than I’d imagined (but to this day I’ve only ever driven through).

Back in the early- to mid-90s there was a Knoxville Diaspora in Austin, like (at least) 8 or 12 of them decided to pack up and transfer to the other orange-and-white UT. Several of them were in a band called Hominy Bob and a couple of them went on to somewhat greater fame in Drums & Tuba.

1 Like