Craig Wright says he can prove he is Bitcoin creator Satoshi Nakamoto

I’ll believe Craig if he transfers more Bitcoin than anyone other than Satoshi Nakamoto would have into my Bitcoin wallet. That would be definitive proof for me.

Now I just need to wait for said proof.

3 Likes

There’s plenty of people now who would recognise Bitcoin as “that thing you pay the ransom for your files with” thanks to lax security among most users and increasing prevalence of ransomware.

3 Likes

I’m still surprised that Faux News hasn’t had an “In Depth” FUD segment about it, especially how it’s used for doing things that the Moral Guardians object to.

“There’s this Weird New Money that you can’t touch, and doesn’t have Trust In God! And it’s used by Criminals and Pedophiles and Foreigners and Computer Experts who do Weird Computer Wizardry Things with it to take over Your Computer!”

3 Likes

The Australian Tax Office might disagree on the latter if they believe the former.

2 Likes

You don’t have a moral objection to ransomware?

Loaded question much?

Does he have access to Satoshi’s email?

The reaction seems to be fairly skeptical so far. If it isn’t really him, then that was a really weird stunt.

1 Like

From the sound of it, it’s probably not. If it were him, he could trivially have proved it beyond a shadow of doubt by signing a message with Satoshi’s private key. This is not what he did, and people seem to have a lot of doubts about what he did do, so if it really were him, why not do it right?

1 Like

It’s really him. This is a long con to put off suspicion ever falling permanently on him, by repeatedly purporting to be Satoshi and offering slightly sketchy evidence to support it. Eventually people will ignore any claims that Craig is Satoshi.

4 Likes

Craig Wright is not Satoshi.

11 Likes
>The real BitCoin FAQ: >Q: Is this legit? >A: Nope, it’s a total scam. >Q: Can I have my money back? >A: Fuck no. http://disinfo.com/2013/11/bitcoin-faq-newcomers-need-know
3 Likes

On the other hand, if he’s not really Satoshi but he is really clever, he’ll know you’ll realize that, so he knows you’ll take his claim seriously anyway. On the other other hand, he’ll figure out that I see through that gambit, so he must be counting on me and others dismissing his claim to be Satoshi. On the other other other hand, he’ll know I know he knows I know that, so…

3 Likes

Yes, perhaps I’ve fallen prey to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is “never get involved in a land war in Asia”.

3 Likes

You don’t have a moral objection to cartels, which are funded by the fiat currencies that Bitcoin aims to replace? Bitcoin is actually used quite a bit for legal purposes, and while it is also used more than fiat for crime there’s an argument to be made that, for instance, the high quality, high purity drugs bought off Silk Road successors from various producers are far less harmful than dangerous randomly cut street drugs supplied by cartels.

Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I’m not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool; you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

3 Likes

And well you weigh that up I bludgeon you with the wine bottle.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.