Crane converted into a hotel room

Yes but is that:

“…AN IMMERSIVE, MULTI-SENSORY EXPERIENCE OFFERING A WIDE VARIETY OF OPTIONS.”

?

2 Likes

I grew up in Latin America and we zelously kept our curtains shut. It’s a safety thing, don’t want people looking into your home and casing out if you’re worth breaking into. Were i lived in particular we also kept the curtains shut because it kept the heat out since the summers were brutal.

When i moved to the US the frequency of seeing homes with curtains wide open was one of the things that has always struck me as very strange. Not every home or apartment does it but i do see it a lot and it weirds me out.

1 Like

It was a thing, but it’s finished now and been dismantled. (The cranes are still there of course)

Agreed. My dad lives in a first-floor condo on the north side of Chicago with windows down near shin level. There are garden level condos underneath, but the windows are still about head high outside.
Whenever I visit, it always seems a bit disconcerting to casually observe people walking down the sidewalk as they casually observe you back.

1 Like

Hmmm… my impression was that this alleged “curtain tax” is an old joke on the Dutch by the Germans…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.