Crazed customer who threw meal at fast food worker sentenced to work at fast food restaurant

Originally published at: Customer who threw meal at fast food worker sentenced to work at fast food restaurant

4 Likes

More likely to instill some sense of empathy in the offender than jail time, anyway. I just hope the customers and other employees aren’t the ones who pay the price.

12 Likes

I hope it’s a pie shop.

6 Likes

That’s more of a punishment for the restaurant that has to take her…

and the manager that has to supervise her…

and the workers who have to work with her…

and the customers whose food she’ll spit in…

13 Likes

Nah. She’s going to probably have to be a perfect angel. She does anything wrong, and then she goes to prison for the full 90 days, instead of the 60 days.

5 Likes

She’s getting the jail time too. 60 days and 20 hours a week for two months, or 90 days.

3 Likes

I’m torn between loving this idea because it might teach some empathy and actually cure the cause of the initial entitlement problem, and feeling a deep pessimism that the person is fundamentally a Karen and incapable of ever changing. I think living through the rise of the Trumpers has made me realize just how many people are completely broken with zero chance of redemption.

5 Likes

Considering how she got herself into this mess, I have doubts about her ability to control herself. I’d avoid that particular restaurant while she’s working there.

6 Likes

It’s actually rather sad that working in fast food is considered a punishment slightly less dreadful than being gaoled.

4 Likes

Having worked fast food… I would have taken the extra jail time.

7 Likes

This is a fun precedent to set. Can we try it with predatory CEOs and wage thieves next?

4 Likes

Who would hire her? Hiring probationers and “community service” takes supervision and a lot of paperwork.

5 Likes

If she indeed ends up working in a, any, fast food outlet, I hope the customers are difficult and at least one throws their food at her.

2 Likes

I have similar complicated feelings about this. I remember in my school days that possible punishments for student misbehavior included things like janitorial or cafeteria work. It sends a really mixed message about how (and whether) the people who do that work for pay are valued by the system.

6 Likes

She doesn’t need to get anywhere near customers or food. She can spend her time mopping the floors, cleaning the toilets, taking out the garbage and weeding the cracks in the car park pavement.

5 Likes

It’s America, she’ll probably get fed up with the fast food work and end up starting a shooting spree…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.