Creepiest detail in Trump's 'both sides' and 'alt left' off-the-rails presser? 'Us' vs 'them.'

Watched the video. I think Trump is a used condom filled with dogshit, but he didn’t say “charging at us.”

5 Likes

Also thought it was creepy when at the end when he came back to brag about his house and vineyard in Charlottesville. And every other time he spoke.

2 Likes

Yeah, being anti-Nazi isn’t “alt-left”. It’s not even “left”, really, just being a fucking human being and not a monster.

16 Likes

Small hands. Smells like Nazi.

6 Likes

Kelly wasn’t brought in to create stability, he was brought in to purge the disloyal and enforce Trump’s whims. His job is secure.

Something just occurred to me, it doesn’t look like Trump shaves, for what it’s worth.
Nothing, really, I guess.

While it does have a certain je ne sais quois, as
“The Speaker of the United States House of Representatives is second in the United States presidential line of succession, after the Vice President and ahead of the President pro tempore of the U.S. Senate”,
this would mean President Paul Ryan.

1 Like

Oridnary Men is hands down the scariest book about the Holocaust that I have read. It is so much easier on the psyche to believe that those horrors were committed by monsters.

6 Likes

Trump would be hard to swallow and take some time digesting. That could allow time for President Pense to appoint a new VP, confirmed by Congress, before being et himself.

That would skip President Ryan, but assumes that Pense’s appointment would be any better.

1 Like

If it was a Freudian slip, then it was that of the person who made the transcript [now corrected].

It’s time for plan C.
Canada invading the USA.

1 Like

I beg to disagree, but the creepiest detail of any of his quotes is:
words words words - President Trump.

3 Likes

The article now has this correction at the bottom:

CORRECTION: An earlier version of this transcript quoted Trump as saying, “Okay, what about the alt-left that came charging at us – excuse me.” In a review of the audio, we could not definitively discern Trump’s exact words at that moment in the news conference. The transcript has been updated to now read: “Okay, what about the alt-left that came charging at [indiscernible] – excuse me.”

1 Like

Caligula didn’t last a full term.

1 Like

Maybe let’s not be like them and the truth still does actually matter even if it does not align with our views?

I think it’s clear it is neither “us” nor “them”:

… that came charging at the… as you say… at the alt right

1 Like

Huh? Pence would be first in line, Ryan second. Or are you saying if Pence were impeached too? Small chance of that - he’s insulated himself from wrongdoing from what I can see.

1 Like

The scenario discussed was “Trump and Pence get eaten by a bear”.
If you loose both the Prez and the VP, the Speaker is next in line.

2 Likes

Not only creepy, but more lies. It’s not one of the biggest, and he doesn’t own it.

3 Likes

That definitely doesn’t have the same ring to it. Not catchy enough.