Creepy conspiracy notes found in sealed cereal boxes

Originally published at: Creepy conspiracy notes found in sealed cereal boxes - Boing Boing

3 Likes

Not new, either. I can’t remember if I saw it here (searched and didn’t find anything immediately) or reddit.

Here’s a summary of previous finds:

16 Likes

Probably look in the parking lot for the guy who has his car plastered in poster board scrawled with nonsense taped to every square inch of the outside.

21 Likes

Breakfast cereal gone bad reminds me of…

“Snap, Crackle, Fuck You!”
-George Carlin

10 Likes

Pennsylvania residents are opening sealed boxes of sugary breakfast cereal and finding creepy conspiracy notes inside.

Are these just inside the cardboard container or all they all the way inside the plastic inner sack containing the product? If the former, is there any curl to these “messages”? as there is a simple technique (learned from studying magic tricks) to roll up paper onto a needle (of sorts) pass the needle through some amount of ‘seal’ and unroll it once inside.

8 Likes

If you ever find yourself passing through St. Joseph, Missouri, do yourself a favor and drop by the Glore Psychiatric Museum. One of the displays there is an old tv set stuffed full of notes written by a one time patient with similarly bizarre and cryptic conspiratorial writings. I seem to remember some of it involved JFK, too.

15 Likes

This guy?

9 Likes

27 Likes

The one we found 20 months ago or so was folded in quarters, inside a box of microwave popcorn. Not actually touching the food.

15 Likes

This is creepy AF, esp learning it’s been going on so long, and has happened to one of our own.
nasty

isnt-it-obvious-kelly-bundy

7 Likes

The one guy they interviewed showed he had found it inside the sealed bag with the food, not just inside the cardboard outer cereal box. Very disturbing.

8 Likes

If true then the obvious culprit would be someone at the cereal boxing facility, but that doesn’t track with all the other people in that area finding similar notes in completely different kinds of products. Nor would it explain why all these notes are being found in the same area even though all the products they were found in are shipped and sold nationwide.

Either someone in the area has access to a variety of packaging/heat sealing equipment or at least some of these people are making this up. Wouldn’t be the first time if it’s the latter.

8 Likes

So, like, someone with an Amazon account?

6 Likes

those “creepy” notes are reading like tags someone would set under any random conspiracy-theory-video on ytube. someone is fucking around and is also pretty lazy at it.

2 Likes

Worse. Prize. Ever.

Now, how many box tops do I have to send in to get the ring that decodes this gibberish?

7 Likes

I wish they’d at least be creative about it.

5 Likes

from … Sugarloaf Township who cracked open his box of Lucky Charms S’mores

[my emphasis]

Sometimes life is downright poetical.

7 Likes

Has anyone tried to piece them together?

MS. Found in a Chinese Fortune Cookie by C. M. Kornbluth

5 Likes

The notes are probably his idea of a campaign tactic.

5 Likes
6 Likes