Creepy heroin PSA

I think he blew it w/ the detailed description of what to do. He shouldn’t actually give notice of an impending bust. people will leave the area so the problem is spread. It’s actually an admission that he’s overwhelmed & hoping for any kind of effect. Wrong message.

I was thinking of fentanyl. But of course there’s a street analog that’s even worse.

3 Likes

Yep. Didn’t take long for producers to realize they could save money by mixing it with heroine.

3 Likes

In May 2010, the police in Hempstead, N.Y., shot and wounded 22-year-old Iyanna Davis during a no-knock raid at a two-family residence where she lived in an upstairs unit with a separate entrance. The warrant was for downstairs.

Ms. Davis was awakened at about 7 a.m. by the sound of a door’s being smashed and hid in a closet, she recounted in a deposition. A Nassau County police officer, armed with an assault rifle, opened the door, found her crouching and screamed at her to raise her hands.

The closet Iyanna Davis hid in as the police raided her home in in Hempstead, N.Y. via United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
“That’s when I heard the shot,” she recounted. “The force actually knocked me back on my backside.” The bullet had entered her right breast and exited her abdomen.

In his own deposition, the officer, Michael Capobianco, said that he “tripped and didn’t mean to fire.” He was cleared of any policy violations; Ms. Davis, who spent a week in the hospital and another three months recuperating, won $650,000 in a legal settlement from the county.

12 Likes

These tactics are not the answer to addiction. I believe in Rat Park…therein lies the path. http://www.brucekalexander.com/articles-speeches/rat-park/148-addiction-the-view-from-rat-park

4 Likes

No, it would never hold together like that. Each filo layer is individually brushed with butter, but the nuts all go in together in the middle.

Also, baklava doesn’t always include honey, and is actually baked with very little sugar at all (my recipe has a couple of tablespoons mixed with about half a pound of nuts). The sweetness, in the form of sugar syrup which can sometimes have honey in it, is added straight after it comes out of the oven.

2 Likes

It probably is here too.

1 Like

I’m thinking more Marshal Law cosplay

1 Like

The most frightening aspect was the heinous misuse of a comma in the video title Peyton D. Fuckwad, Sheriff – correct.
Sheriff, Peyton D. Fuckwad – Incorrect…Bzzzt! thanks for playing!
Sheriff is a title.

4 Likes

My understanding (from the bakers) was that for the ‘all layers’ method to work (my short-hand term), the nuts need to be pulverized to mix well with honey, i.e., pasty enough to have everything hold together. I understand it’s one thing for someone to say “nuts/honey twixt every layer” and that same someone actually doing it differently in day-to-day practice. I have had baklava where there was more than one layer of nuts, and others where I couldn’t specifically identify the nutty layers, so pulverized were the nuts.

I suspect there are at least as many ways to make baklava as there are countries that claim to have invented it; all of them claiming that theirs is the right way!! Me? I eat whatever baklava has been placed in front of me!

1 Like

Me, neither. I find business is much brisker down by the schoolyard. :smirk:

5 Likes

I wish this was the background of this video

4 Likes

Let’s not forget that our assassins and spies over at the CIA are major suppliers of heroin https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegations_of_CIA_drug_trafficking

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/12/03/opinion/03iht-edlarry.html

5 Likes

Just to clarify, what exactly are you saying was paid for by big pharma? The coke, the hooker or the breasts?

2 Likes

That was comically bad, from the off kilter camera to the bad outfits to the stilted delivery. I know I was supposed to be shaking in my boots, but those guys pretending to be so tough amused me.

3 Likes

Traditionally money is funnelled through a respectable lobbying firm, as I understand it, so that neither the industry​ nor the lawmakers have any questionable receipts.

But I think the breasts are considered a business expense of the hooker, not the johns :slight_smile:

Oh shit. I think he’s serious!

1 Like

It must be nice to have such faith in the police, that they will never make a mistake. They will never misread a warrant. They will never mistake you for someone else. I also assume you don’t have a spouse or ex-partners who might get together with an officer that has a vindictive streak. Plus, you are probably not someone that a police office will pull over and try to date, then become upset that you turn them down, right?

Literally no person in your world has been mistreated by the police? You are a very lucky person indeed.

8 Likes

I always think that it might be easier to purchase meth and synthesize my own pseudoephedrine from it rather than going to the pharmacy to purchase my weekly pill quota…

7 Likes

Fortunately for me, I can spot a troll a mile away.

1 Like