Creepy heroin PSA

Well, it worried me - these knuckleheads are in charge of law enforcement somewhere!

1 Like

But what about submitting an “annoymous” tip? (Yes I admit I watched it all the way to the end.)

1 Like

[quote=“Boundegar, post:11, topic:98677, full:true”]But remember the syllogism of security theater:

1. Something must be done.
  2. I have done something.
    [/quote]

totally unrelated to the thread topic, but one of the nicer security theater examples.

the German authorities bought hundreds of concrete blocks for securing outdoor events

Lego for giants, in other words

kind of understandable, using trucks as terror means is rather popular (c.f. Nice, Berlin, Stockholm)

the theater part is the best of the story: it seems no one even thought about testing the effectiveness. until yesterday, when the MDR (a public TV station) commissioned crash tests.

a bread-and-butter truck (only 7.5 tonnes, similar to the one in Nice. the trucks in Berlin and Stockholm were heavier) has absolutely no problem to push the blocks out of the way, without losing much speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hERIQtyZgRE

sure, a frontal crash will most likely stop the truck. but they have to be placed sparsely, pedestrians need to cross the barricade to visit the totally protected event.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.