Crocs no longer making Crocs

The fools! Don’t they know that America has a substantial imprisoned workforce they could tap in to?

3 Likes

I had plantar fasciitis and the Crocs allowed me comfort when walking but, when those treads wear down, any wet surface becomes an Indiana Jones death trap.

4 Likes

I buy a new pair every summer and where them everyday, because of there comfort. I even got my sister and daughter to try them. I wish they would come up with cuter styles for women. And a narrow size because some styles I can’t wear they are to wide. Maybe thicken tread also they can become slick as a baby seal! Love my crocs wearing them at 10 yrs noe

This story made me wonder if Country Crock is still a thing. Yep, it’s still hangin’ in.

2 Likes

#notallcrocs

2 Likes

Same. Between those black flats I posted, and the fact that I’ve been able to wear slippers to work* all summer, my foot has stopped hurting. Before the slippers, the Crocs were the only shoes that stopped the faciitis pain.

(It’s a kids’ play zone so no shoes allowed inside. Alas we’re only renting some of their space for the summer)

2 Likes

That was to distract from the statement that they were assembled in China (under dubious labor conditions), as US import laws require the listing of country of origin.

1 Like

Ooh, I like those slingbacks!

1 Like

I’ve heard that crocs can be dangerously slipper when wet.

4 Likes

I suspect that they are in for an unpleasant surprise if they hope that will work:

Rubbery footwear doesn’t require an OS or nearly as many things that you can hang copyrights or design patents on as computers do; so they’ll need something very clever indeed if they expect their own subcontractors(or a defintely-not-related outfit run by their subcontractor’s cousin) to be stamping out ghost shift product in short order; and the output to move from “overtly illegal copies” to “similar enough to be worrisome but not necessarily room to litigate” over time.

2 Likes

Not sure why the Internet is blowing up over this.

It’s not like Crocs will be anywhere amongst the first companies to use third party manufacturing.

I think they also used that joke for Birkenstocks back in the 90s.

I wonder what kind of ugly-but-comfy-footwear will be all the rage in the 2020s.

For when Boston has the climate of Hanoi.

Never tried crocs. Oofos are my go to, especially for my plantar fasciitis I live in those when it’s warm enough, which is most of the year here.

1 Like

I use the thongs (aahhh, flipflops)

1 Like

Flip-flops are the G-strings of footwear.

For some long forgotten reason, family slang calls them “the non-crease (shoes)”.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.